A required library could not be found

Hi all,
When I attempt to add any of the following modules into the designer, I receive the following message, any ideas? I’ve tried reinstalling everything.

[quote]The module could not be added:

• A required library could not be found
    [/quote]

Ethernet_J11D
UsbHost
WiFi_RS21
Camera
CAN_DW

Obviously I’m not trying to use all these at the same time xD!

Can you please tell what did you install and in what order?

Steps in this order:
http://www.ghielectronics.com/support/dotnet-micro-framework

I do have Win8 installed, but I would imagine it should be all or nothing if that was the problem

I’d start by uninstalling all NETMF, Gadgeteer, & GHI bits and reinstalling. Sounds like your install had a problem.

Uninstalling\installing the Gadgeteer Core did the trick, I missed this during when doing it the first time, thanks for your replies guys.

I’m having the exact same issue with the UsbHost module, I looked at the GadgeteerHardware.xml and it was significantly different from any of the other modules. So I changed the xml to more closely match the RS232 module.

Here’s the original: <?xml version="1.0" encoding="utf-8" ?><GadgeteerDefinitions xmlns="http://sch - Pastebin.com

Here’s what I changed it to:<?xml version="1.0" encoding="utf-8" ?><GadgeteerDefinitions xmlns="http://sch - Pastebin.com

It seems to be working now, the lines that caused the issue were:

<!-- If your module relies on another assembly, then list it here (and see the msm.wxs file since you need to include it in the installer too), e.g.: -->
    <Assembly MFVersion="4.1" Name="GHIElectronics.NETMF.Hardware" ErrorMessage="A required library could not be found."/>
    <Assembly MFVersion="4.1" Name="GHIElectronics.NETMF.IO" ErrorMessage="A required library could not be found."/>
    <Assembly MFVersion="4.1" Name="GHIElectronics.NETMF.System" ErrorMessage="A required library could not be found."/>
    <Assembly MFVersion="4.1" Name="GHIElectronics.NETMF.USBHost" ErrorMessage="A required library could not be found."/>

<Assembly MFVersion="4.2" Name="GHI.Premium.Hardware" ErrorMessage="A required library could not be found."/>
    <Assembly MFVersion="4.2" Name="GHI.Premium.IO" ErrorMessage="A required library could not be found."/>
    <Assembly MFVersion="4.2" Name="GHI.Premium.System" ErrorMessage="A required library could not be found."/>
    <Assembly MFVersion="4.2" Name="GHI.Premium.USBHost" ErrorMessage="A required library could not be found."/>

<!-- Use the ExtraLibrariesRequired element if this module requires specific firmware libraries to be provided by the mainboard, and so is limited to a subset of mainboards. -->
  <ExtraLibrariesRequired>
    <Assembly MFVersion="4.1" Name="GHIElectronics.NETMF.Hardware" ErrorMessage="A required library could not be found."/>
    <Assembly MFVersion="4.1" Name="GHIElectronics.NETMF.IO" ErrorMessage="A required library could not be found."/>
    <Assembly MFVersion="4.1" Name="GHIElectronics.NETMF.System" ErrorMessage="A required library could not be found."/>
    <Assembly MFVersion="4.1" Name="GHIElectronics.NETMF.USBHost" ErrorMessage="A required library could not be found."/>

<Assembly MFVersion="4.2" Name="GHI.Premium.Hardware" ErrorMessage="A required library could not be found."/>
    <Assembly MFVersion="4.2" Name="GHI.Premium.IO" ErrorMessage="A required library could not be found."/>
    <Assembly MFVersion="4.2" Name="GHI.Premium.System" ErrorMessage="A required library could not be found."/>
    <Assembly MFVersion="4.2" Name="GHI.Premium.USBHost" ErrorMessage="A required library could not be found."/>
  </ExtraLibrariesRequired>

I downloaded the files this morning and tried uninstalling and re-installing. It looks like the install files were modified on the 14th but the change log indicates no updates. If anyone has any ideas let me know.

I kinda spoke to soon, I had quickly created a project to see if I could add those elements to the designer, which worked, but then “using Gadgeteer.Modules.GHIElectronics;” produced:

After mucking about, I uninstalled everything again, installed again, and my original problem happened again. So, I re-installed the old 4.1 MS\GHI SDK.

Also, should this http://www.ghielectronics.com/support/dotnet-micro-framework really be pointing to a beta version?

the link points to both the 4.1 and 4.2 sdks

You sure? It says RC2

Install both steps 3 and 4 then you can use 4.1, non beta.

I have the same problems using FEZ Spider with NETMF 4.2, but only with the following modules:

Ethernet_J11D
WiFi_RS21

Other modules could be added without problems. I have not installed “GHI NETMF v4.1 and .NET Gadgeteer Package Sep. 14, 2012” (step 4), since I have installed only “Microsoft .NET Micro Framework 4.2 QFE2 SDK”. Looking at the “GadgeteerHardware.xml”, for Ethernet_J11D and WiFi_RS21, both of the modules mention “GHIElectronics.NETMF.Net” as required assembly:

<ExtraLibrariesRequired>
    <Assembly MFVersion="4.1" Name="GHIElectronics.NETMF.Net" ErrorMessage="A required library could not be found."/>
    <Assembly MFVersion="4.2" Name="GHIElectronics.NETMF.Net" ErrorMessage="A required library could not be found."/>

However, I could not find it. Interestingly, other modules, e.g. “Camera” refer to “.Premium.” assemblies for NETMF 4.2, but stays with “.NETMF.” for 4.1:

<ExtraLibrariesRequired>

Shall I install step 4 and use NETMF 4.1 only?

see this forum link the same thing.

the j11 module does not require adding to the project

http://www.tinyclr.com/forum/topic?id=8573&page=2

Commenting out references to required libraries in the “GadgeteerHardware.xml” for Ethernet_J11D module made the trick:

<!-- Use the ExtraLibrariesRequired element if this module requires specific firmware libraries to be provided by the mainboard, and so is limited to a subset of mainboards. -->
  <ExtraLibrariesRequired>
    <Assembly MFVersion="4.1" Name="GHIElectronics.NETMF.Net" ErrorMessage="A required library could not be found."/>
         [b] <!-- [/b] <Assembly MFVersion="4.2" Name="GHIElectronics.NETMF.Net" ErrorMessage="A required library could not be found."/> [b]-->[/b]

Etherner_J11D module could be added in the designer, networking example (GHI Electronics – Where Hardware Meets Software) compiled and ran without problems:

OR, like was suggested, just don’t add it to the designer surface.

I have the same problem as the started of this trhread, but only with premium indicated devices…

then did you do what fixed this for the person who posted the thread?

[quote]I’d start by uninstalling all NETMF, Gadgeteer, & GHI bits and reinstalling. Sounds like your install had a problem.[/quote] Remember the order is important

Yes I did so, but stil no result…

@ freeck - what board are you using?

Cerbuino Bee

@ freeck - that’s not a premium board so those premium modules won’t work on the bee