A required library could not be found

Ah… thanks, I was not aware of that.

I just had the same error with the SDK V 2014 R1 v4.2.102, trying to use the Cerberus board and drag the “UsbHost (Premium)” onto the design surface. I don’t get this when I try the Spider board, however. I noticed the GadgeteerHardware.xml file for the Spider has assemblies in it that are not in the Cerberus board. When I added these lines to the Cerberus xml file, I could start using the modules that I could not use before.

<Assembly MFVersion="4.2" Name="GHI.Premium.Hardware"/>
	<Assembly MFVersion="4.2" Name="GHI.Premium.Hardware.EMX"/>
	<Assembly MFVersion="4.2" Name="GHI.Premium.System"/>
	<Assembly MFVersion="4.2" Name="GHI.Premium.IO"/>
	<Assembly MFVersion="4.2" Name="GHI.Premium.Native"/>
	<Assembly MFVersion="4.2" Name="GHI.Premium.Net"/>
	<Assembly MFVersion="4.2" Name="GHI.Premium.USBHost"/>

Add these lines immediately following:

<Assembly MFVersion="4.2" Name="CustomMFAssembly"/>
    -->

Hope this helps any new users.

Dave

Hi David, welcome to the forum

the Cerberus family board XML file was correct. The Cerberus does not have USB Host, and it is NOT a Premium device so the Premium inclusions you’ve made are likely to cause faults. I’d revert back to the correct XML.

Brett, thanks for the prompt reply. I am going to order fifteen sets of modules for a C# class I am putting together, and I don’t want to make a mistake. Does this mean that the USB Host Module cannot be used with the Cerberus mainboard, even though they both have H sockets?

Dave

1 Like

@ davidcnorris - unfortunately correct but we/community should get to this and add usb host in the future.

Yes, as Gus says, that’s correct at this point. If you NEED USB Host, you must use a GHI Premium device like a Spider or Raptor.