Windows 8 64bit cannot install WinUSB

A bit long winded but I wanted to give some background on my problem.

Two day old (new) PC using Windows 8 64bit

Using FEZ Spider
Using FEZ Cobra II
Using G400HDR
Using VS2012 Express

I have downloaded all necessary drivers/files directly from GHI to this PC.
They are NOT copied from another source, such as another PC.

USB driver is the default Debuggable .Net Micro Framework Device
GHI.NET Micro Framework USB Debugging Interface

USB for G400HDR when first connected it shows up as:
Windows SideShow
Windows SideShow-compatible .NET Micro Framework-based device (USB)

(I can update the driver to use GHI .NET Micro Framework USB Debugging Interface)

Correct me if I am wrong but I believe it is recommended to use WinUSB for VS2012.
What I used on my now dead Windows 7 PC.

If I try to install the WinUSB driver software manually:
I select C:\Program Files (x86)\GHI Electronics\GHI Premium NETMF v4.2 SDK\USB Drivers\GHI_NETMF_WinUsb

I always receive ā€œThe best driver software for your device is already installedā€.

When I select the WinUSB driver from GHI Premium NETMF v4.2 SDK, the driver update ignores my selection and reverts to the existing:

C:\PROGRAM FILES (X86)\GHI ELECTRONICS\GHI PREMIUM NETMF V4.2 SDK\USB DRIVERS\GHI_NETMF_INTERFACE\AMD64 driver.

////
If I try to update the driver using ā€œHave Diskā€ and select:
GHI Premium NETMF v4.2 SDK, USB Drivers, GHI_netmf_winusb.inf I receive the following;

C:\Program Files (x86)\GHI Electronics\GHI Premium NETMF v4.2 SDK\USB Drivers\GHI_NETMF_WinUsb
GHI NETMF Debug Interface

Windows found driver software for your device but encountered an error while attempting to install it.

The hash for the file is not present in the specified catalog file. The file is likely corrupt
or the victim of tampering.

NOTE: Granted, this my not be a ā€˜legalā€™ way to install the driver but I had to try something.
////

WinUsb drivers are scrambled in the latest SDK. Take them from here:

https://www.ghielectronics.com/community/forum/topic?id=13323

1 Like

Simon is indeed correct, the drivers are corrupted in the current SDK release. The link he provided contains the drivers that will be shipping in the SDK due out in a few days

@ Simon from Vilnius -

Thank you for the link

Thanks to John (GHI) also

Thought I would add that the new WinUSB install worked like a charmā€¦

Thanks!