WikiLeaks.Net

@ Justin, cool vid and nice music. Just an idea, why not make some fourier analysis and let the light lit up the different colours in dependance of the music’s frrequency. So red for the lower frequenties, each colour a different frequency range. That’s what we did with discrete electronics to make our drive-in show to light up a bit… The revival of disco…

@ PiWi - been there, done that, got the tee shirt ::slight_smile:

Jeeez, what haven’t you done yet, amazing stuff :dance:

So what can those of us here in the states do? Would be happy to get you in touch with my successor in the Technical Evangelist role in Mid-Atlantic. Don’t know if he has the wherewithal to do much in the mCu space, but I’m happy to make the connection.

1 Like

Ah good old Pseudo Echo. Love it. Thanks for picking a cool song.

Ship the boards ! Jay Jay I’ll reach out to the AU DX team and see who is most inclined to play in this space :slight_smile:

Hi JayJay - this looks brilliant.

I work with Brett, but in the consulting side of the business.
I’m sure with an Eagle file, Brett’s board making prowess, and my George Foreman grill we could get a few of these built with the DX guys he in AU :slight_smile:

Cheers
Rob

where my board skills = calling DF Robot for a 10-pack or more :slight_smile:

@ Justin - This is very powerful stuff. Well done again 8)

Looks like something I should get my hands dirty on.

I am thinking about your plan, and are really interested in the following:

Do we know of any cool methods to get a BLE device connected to the Internet, without having the phone lying around? I have searched for BLE hubs etc without luck…

Does you plan involve a later edition of this specific board with some Wifi? (So we can start with this board, and then with some simple upgrades get it on wifi…catch my drift…)

Does the Gadgeteer Team you are collaborating with have a homepage?

@ njbuch - I have a working BLE to WiFi bridge but is very much a WIP…

Yes there are other coloured IoT DX boards on the drawing board that have what you want…

This is the group i contract too http://research.microsoft.com/en-us/groups/sendev/ but please note IoT DX is not a sendev project…

Two things more:

I am missing some mounting screws, any plans for boxing this?

What sizes of batteries is it supporting?

@ njbuch - plugs into a breadboard or headers/sockets

Any single cell lipo - current circuit charges the lipo at 100ma which can be changed to a maximum of 500ma via a different resistor

I know, but for cool prototyping we need some motherboard then, with sensors and stuff on?

No, then I would call it a mother-ship…

I was just trying to envision a few projects, and stumbled on the “find a cool box” challenge.

@ Justin - Looks like this got a huge amount of community interest. Let’s hope it gets MS to sit up and take action.

The form-factor is very user friendly too.

Keeping my fingers crossed that those with the power, aim high with it.

3 Likes

@ njbuch - Better? Took me a good 5mins to make ::slight_smile:

3 Likes

@ Justin - Hang on a minute. That looks like some form of protective interface for an MCU board. I’m sure I’ve seen something like that somewhere before? I remember, I think it was called amour or, a shield, or something similar… :wink:

@ Justin, andre - ok, ok I got it…

@ Jason - STM iProto ® :whistle:

1 Like

Weeelll… Not yet ready for prime time, more infos due in November :whistle:

What are the most important two features of such a gateway for you? (You can contact me at pfister@ oberon.ch)

Anyone else interested in such a device?

Cuno

3 Likes