WiFiRS9110 errors

I’m trying to get my new WiFiRS9110 running with the G400HDR but I’m running into the following error. It seems it wants me to update the firmware for the module, but I can’t instance it to call .UpdateFirmware…

Using mainboard GHI Electronics G400HDR Breakout version 1.3
    #### Exception GHI.Networking.WiFiRS9110+HardwareFailureException - 0x00000000 (5) ####
    #### Message: 
    #### GHI.Networking.WiFiRS9110::UpdateInternalMacAddress [IP: 001c] ####
    #### WiFiPlus.Program::GoMain [IP: 0027] ####
    #### Exception GHI.Networking.WiFiRS9110+HardwareFailureException - 0x00000000 (5) ####
    #### Message: 
    #### GHI.Networking.WiFiRS9110::ThrowFailure [IP: 0007] ####
    #### GHI.Networking.WiFiRS9110::UpdateFirmware [IP: 0031] ####
    #### WiFiPlus.Program::GoMain [IP: 0027] ####
A first chance exception of type 'GHI.Networking.WiFiRS9110.HardwareFailureException' occurred in GHI.Networking.dll
An unhandled exception of type 'GHI.Networking.WiFiRS9110.HardwareFailureException' occurred in GHI.Networking.dll

@ Skewworks - It will call update firmware for you automatically if needed. If the driver can’t communicate with the module, it attempts to update it before trying again, in your case it still fails so it seems like a hardware issue. Can you try different sockets, mainboards, cables, and modules if you have any? Do you see any LEDs come on on the module itself?

Hydra isn’t compatible and HDR doesn’t have any more compatible sockets. I’ll try the Raptor when I get home tonight.

As for lights on the module, I haven’t seen any come on.

Worked straight off on the Raptor. So is it not compatible with HDR? Also, we should update the catalog page, it’s not clear the WiFiRS9110 isn’t compatible with Hydra. I believe it used to say something about that, but it no longer does.

1 Like

@ Skewworks - The catalog for Hydra only lists Ethernet as available for networking under specifications. It’s also listed as not supported on the linked developers’ guide.

It should be compatible with the HDR. Have you verified that the socket itself functions? Perhaps using the rotary H1?