WiFi Woes

So, suddenly, my Cobra II thinks it wants to update the WiFi firmware. That’s cool, go ahead.
Except it times out. Every time. Takes 100s per try. I followed exactly the code from the FEZ Cobra II Developer page.

RS9110 firmware update failed: Time out
    #### Exception GHI.Premium.Net.NetworkInterfaceExtensionException - 0x00000000 (4) ####
    #### Message: 
    #### GHI.Premium.Net.WiFiRS9110::UpdateFirmware [IP: 006a] ####
    #### GHI.Premium.Net.WiFiRS9110::Open [IP: 0014] ####
    #### IFUTest.Program::Setup [IP: 0018] ####
The thread '<No Name>' (0x5) has exited with code 0 (0x0).
A first chance exception of type 'GHI.Premium.Net.NetworkInterfaceExtensionException' occurred in GHI.Premium.Net.dll
An unhandled exception of type 'GHI.Premium.Net.NetworkInterfaceExtensionException' occurred in GHI.Premium.Net.dll

I really kinda need this online. Thoughts?

Thank you! I tried doing a search and couldn’t find it

86 Sec
87 Sec
88 Sec
89 Sec
90 Sec
91 Sec
92 Sec
93 Sec
94 Sec
95 Sec
96 Sec
97 Sec
98 Sec
99 Sec
RS9110 firmware update failed: Time out
#### Exception GHI.Premium.Net.NetworkInterfaceExtensionException - 0x00000000 (5) ####
#### Message:
#### GHI.Premium.Net.WiFiRS9110::UpdateFirmware [IP: 006a] ####
#### FPFuelCobra2Adhoc1.Wifi::WifiServer [IP: 001a] ####
#### FPFuelCobra2Adhoc1.Worker::FTP_server [IP: 000e] ####
A first chance exception of type ‘GHI.Premium.Net.NetworkInterfaceExtensionException’ occurred in GHI.Premium.Net.dll
An unhandled exception of type ‘GHI.Premium.Net.NetworkInterfaceExtensionException’ occurred in GHI.Premium.Net.dll

I am in the same boat as Skewworks here, after 100seconds, the Cobra2 wifi board quits the firmware upgrade process for the RS9110. Can someone guide me on how to fix this? I’ve looked at the DHCP thread for an answer, but without success.

Cheers,
Jean-Francois

@ JF Gauthier -

Check config pins, like CS, INT… Make sure they are connected right
Also make sure the antena is connected well

Hi Dat,

Thanks for the answer… I’m using GHI COBRA 2 with integrated RS9110 WIFI module already soldered on the board. The pins are physically OK. I’m suspecting that a power failure during the FirmwareUpdate() method corrupted the module somehow. I’m kinda stuck with a useless module that refuse to upgrade and work anymore.

I was wondering if there was any other troubleshooting last resort steps to take before giving up, unsoldering and replacing that module. Especially that this module is not cheap like a CC3000… :frowning:

Jean-Francois.