Where was Mike Contest Announcement

The the top on the Elise is compared to getting in and out of a clothes dryer.

What is amazing is you need a special manual/video guide to get into the car. :slight_smile:

Nah, no manual to get in and out, you can do it anyway you want reallyā€¦ The main thing is you canā€™t use the windshield, especially without the top on, as a hand hold when getting out. It can crack the windshield and it is expensive to replace. The funniest things about this car is the federal stuff. Like the mandatory pull handle in the boot, in case you get stuck in thereā€¦ like anyone really could get in there.

Worst thing is you can not hit a curb. It will rip the control arms off the tub == new car. It takes a long time to do a simple oil change because the entire underside is flat and you have to take the rear panel off to get to the oil pan. Lots of little bolts and 2 big one to get to near the middle of the car that is only 4-6 inches off the ground.

It is fun to drive, work on, and gets better MPG than most other cars.

The technique I use is to crawl out of the car on all fours and onto the ground, I then grasp the door and start climbing up the side of the car to a standing position, while trying to ignore the snickers and fully on belly laughs going on behind me. Once Iā€™m in an upright position, I then dust off and put my elbow on the top of the car and give it my best GQ Model pose.

I can tell you right now that guy in the video never played hockey or rodeo, but I do consider the Lotus to be one of the best cars for city driving as while they might not have the top end of some other cars but few cars handle as well as a Lotus (firm ride of a sports car aside).

Well, I played ice hockey (college) and football in high schoolā€¦ no problems here, knock on wood. I do have 2 busted up knees (no ACL in right) and rotator cuff shoulder.

If I ever got rid of my Elise and Exige or more likely an Atom would be in the works. Fews cars, if any, can compare to the Atom in handling and speed. Oh and bug splatters on you face.