What other Touch screen displays are supported on Spider?

Hi,
I just ordered the Spider kit. I would like to ask if there was a cheaper Touch screen GLCD choice (like this: http://www.tigal.com/1100) than the Display T35 Module that could be used withe Spider and the SW libs?

Thank you

Trevor

So far, T35 is the only touch screen.

Welcome to the community.

Sytech do a 4.3" Gadgeteer touch screen [link]

Correct but others had complains about it do please check with manufacture before hand.

I only saw the one guy (Andre) complaining about the debug startup text being garbled because it was output before the app got a chance to initialise it, worked fine with all displaying from the actual application, just a bit messy for the few seconds between power-on and the app being ready for use. I imagine 99% of people wouldn’t care at all, it’s only an issue if you were wanting to literally build a commercial product directly out of gadgeteer parts and wanted it to remain blank right up until the app is booted. Have you seen any other complaints?

I also note that resistive touchscreens seem to often have some kind of standard 4-wire interface, which I have a feeling could be read on two analogue inputs, as I think those touch layers are basically sort of potentiometers in the X and Y directions, where you touch on screen makes a voltage divider in each direction. I think I’ve read of people making use of non-Gadgeteer screens like the Adafruit 128x64 OLEDs, maybe you could stick an adhesive touch layer like the one in TJAG’s link to such a screen - wouldn’t there be some way to plug such homebrew breadboard+extenders touchscreen creations into the classes that already exist supporting screens like T35?

RorschachUK