What is the Range of the ZG2100?

Hello,

Does anyone know the outdoor range of the ZG2100 WiFi extension? I know this is a subjective value but all I am looking for is a reasonable representation of performance.

Thanks!

-Milo209

No specific numbers but is similar to what laptops can do

Wow Chimpanzee (Gus). Amazing response time. You are either a forum ninja or the most elaborate helpbot I have encountered in my life.

The ZG2100M doesn’t have an antenna connector according to the manufacturer data files. I don’t suppose you have any of the ZG2101M which I could attach a booster antenna to. :slight_smile:

-Milo209

The ones GHI offer have internal antenna…real good quality BTW, but you can order the modules with connector for external antenna

[quote]You are either a forum ninja or the most elaborate helpbot I have encountered in my life.
[/quote]

I have heard people say that Gus is an artifical intelligence bot running on a FEZ Cobra.

This does appear to be a possibility!

The ZG2100 looks amazing. I agree. :slight_smile:

I need to bridge ~300ft via WiFi to patch a FEZ Cobra into an existing WiFi network. That would be pushing the limit for the average laptop. I am just exploring the option of a ZG2100 vs. connecting the FEZ Cobra ethernet to a DWL-2100AP in Point To Point Bridge mode. The ZG2100 is cheaper but I know that the DWL-2100 AP with directional antenna will do the job.

Does anyone have any input? I’m all for cheaper and more efficient ideas.

-Milo209