What is FEZ Hacker?

Ok will go with the dollar cheaper on with no aes or tdes blocks.

By the way i have both boards submitted for review with the pcb company I normally use. once its cleared I will order set of them.

Is that 2000 points going somewhere?

Gus!!
I don’t want the points but… I am going to manufacture my own board soon but I wlll be using the EMX module… I might also require this “smaller” device for my remote control. I read the post till I’m going daft. You want someone to port NETMF onto this design? Is this just to show how its done? If someone ports u.net to this board surely they can just buy the components and make their own … without you!! Or do you want YOUR assemblies ported, if you do…Why the panda and mini are excellent boards already to go… I’m confused

Ian

The port is already in the porting kit and it is 100% explained in the porting ebook.

Yes, start your own new NETMF business, why not? :slight_smile:

FEZ Panda or any other FEZ is better option of course. We have spent years tweaking everything to make it as perfect as possible. This design only to show that NETMF can be DIY.

Some developers out there are still doubting the power of NETMF so we are providing this just to show them how great NETMF really is. Again, FEZ Panda or any other FEZ is completely tweaked, tested and worked on to make it commercially supported devices. Creating FEZ Hacker will give you the port that is in NETMF and then you can add on top of that. Since GHI didn’t make the port, we don’t know exactly what works or what doesn’t but we will try to help whoever interested in making NETMF better.

Hello,

I am new here. If anybody is making a batch of Hacker boards (with ethernet preferably) and will have an extra, I would love to buy it. Just let me know please.

Thanks,
Valentin.

Gus, I tried to compile the SAM7S_EK TinyBooter project, first there is no TinyBooterDecompressor so I compiled the regular TinyBooter. It gives me an error saying:

what did i miss?

That is the wrong project. You need SAMx7

erm… my board is a SAM7S…

ok, i think i get its now, its like a FEZ but without the “EZ”, its Freakin Hard?

^^^ It’s not for beginners, no, but I wouldn’t call it “freakin hard”

Hi;

Is FEZ Hacker Ethernet compatible / same with the netduino plus?

Best regards.

No. We use wiznet Ethernet so you do not lose resources over networking support. Adding lwip like netduino did will leave the processor with no resources left to fo anything useful.