Welcome aboard FEZ Lynx

Details come soon…

1 Like

More fangs and claws.Maybe roaring instead of smiling :slight_smile: Looking forward to this product!

3 Likes

Interesting

Looks great!

Sounds like Fez Link

“Hey… Listen…” :smiley:

no, Links :slight_smile:

Am I the only one that sees the name and thinks back to the text only “web browser” on Sun platform about 20 years ago?

I think since I’m a little younger than you, Lynx takes me back to when I was desperate to own the cutting edge device pictured below:

Now with FEZ you can build your own!

How soon?

WinRT compatible or will it require the full .NET Framework?

will it work with a raspberry and mono for example ? if it is the case it will bring the gadgeteer plateform on a whole new scale : with raspberry cpu horsepower, 512Mb RAM and (almost) full 4.5 .NET from mono, all combined this could be an absolute killer.

fradav, while I share your enthusiasm, when it comes to the Pi, wouldn’t it be simpler to use an I2C I/O expander? The Gadgeteer layer should be able to work over that, and it’s certainly cheaper and easier to implement in hardware, and you get to avoid any firmware on the expander.

@ godefroi - but we did not share the details yet :slight_smile:

Pi and others are on the list :wink:

Very cool!

Memorial Day holiday would be a good time to share… :wink:

@ wanghuali

While USB specifications say ports should provide 500mA, we rarely see a port that can actually provide 500mA. We always recommend the use of powered hubs or a power pack instead of relying on the USB power. Use a powered hub from a known brand, not a cheap hub. If your device has the option of using a power pack (for example the USB Client DP Module) then you can use a power pack instead. 9V 1A is typically recommended but check the bottom of the circuit board for printed voltage range. All power connectors on GHI products are 2.1mm with positive on the inside and negative on the outer ring.

Not using a powered hub or power pack can cause:
[ul]Unexplained behavior
Device does not function
Device functions intermittently
Device functions but network fails
Device functions but SD card fails
Device functions but firmware update fails[/ul]
(Generated by QuickReply)

Uh… SPAM.

(and a really poor response to spam…) :wink:

we need a new, 5th, button on the quick reply - You’re spamming me, please sod off.

Ian, my response makes as such sense as the posting! :slight_smile: