Webcast about Gadgeteer and it is free

This should be fun, all gadgeteer fans (or should I say addicts) joining this Getting Started with .NET Gadgeteer - O'Reilly Media Free, Live Events

[quote]
Presented by: Simon Monk

Duration: Approximately 60 minutes.

Cost: Free

If you like making things, then you will love .NET Gadgeteer. You can create many interesting projects by just plugging together components and writing a few lines of programming code.

In this hands-on webcast presented by Simon Monk, author of ‘Getting Started with .NET Gadgeteer’, he’ll do a live demonstration of the Web Messenger project from the book. In this project, the web server constantly serves the contents of the Gadgeteer screen. You can draw sketches on the screen with your finger or a stylus and leave messages for the world to see. This is an interesting project. Join us for the live event.

About Simon Monk

Dr. Simon Monk has a degree in Cybernetics and Computer Science and a PhD in Software Engineering. Simon spent several years as an academic before he returned to industry, co-founding the mobile software company Momote Ltd. He has been an active electronics hobbyist since his early teens. Simon is now a full time author and his books include ‘Getting Started with IOIO’, ‘30 Arduino Projects for the Evil Genius’, ‘15 Dangerously Mad Projects for the Evil Genius’ and ‘Arduino + Android Projects for the Evil Genius’.[/quote]

I hope they make it available after the fact - I’ll be across the pond on the 8th and doubt I will be able to watch it live.

FYI, this is starting right now…so if you’re online, sign in!

Hi over here too ! :wink:

I could not hear it with the volume all the way up, finally got frustrated and shut it off.

Yeah, a little quiet, indeed. Fortunately, I have external speakers, so I’m able to crank it loud enough to hear.

my sound level is full up but I can hear it fine through laptop speakers - but I am in my office in the silence too :slight_smile:

I am driving grrrrr I wanted to join

It was pretty basic, Gus. The best part (for me) was being able to chat a bit with other Gadgeteer folks, although some of the discussion went into our other hobbies. Apparently I’m not the only wanna-be pilot in the mCu community. :smiley: