Watch my robot performs on a simple maze :-)

and again…the same robot I used in previous demonstrations, except this time it has additional left & right eyes in addition to the existing center one…I know it took me a while since I promised due to I had to order 2 more sensors as I found a single sensor performs too slow on a maze environment. The parts just arrived last friday and so here it is…Sorry my room wasn’t bright enough. Please ignore the black line on the background as that was used for line follower project. I also recoded my line follower program so that performed a bit better, if I am not too lazy I will run another demo on the new map.

[url]- YouTube

Thanks for viewing.
-Hai

totally wicked. You rock!

NIce job. looks good so far. You may want to work on your PID controls to smooth out you straight lines after your turns. Good job.

Indeed. But still fast responding and nice control. Keep up the good work! :wink:

Great job Hai!

Nice job.

Very nice! Are you going to post the source code up here?

Freakin’ sweeeeeeeeeet! I love it :smiley:

Thanks Guys,

bstag,

definitely agree with you on that it is the part that took most of my time, another problem is there is no way i can track whether the robot is going back to it path or going forward. I think I may need an accelerometer in order to track my positioning?

Sure I will tune it a little bit more then will post the source code

-Hai

Maybe a wiki page? with videos? and pictures?

I think you could have won the $500 contest with what you have now. The robot that won the competition wasn’t even moving but the page was very detailed
(link removed)

No, that won’t do the trick :wink:

It moved, it just didn’t walk :smiley: Lost too much time with the button press + servo stuff.
The trick of the project was not the hexapod, but the code for creating own servo-powered robots. :slight_smile:

Chimpanzee (Gus) ,

I take $250 now… :D, Yeah. I saw Fookie’s hexapod couple times, it is cool though…if it can walk, grab a heineken, scratch head or something of that nature…that worths double money. I was wondering how Fookie cut those body pieces…that was pretty awsome.

-Thanks!

Yes there is a reason why he won the contest. It is very nice piece of work.

They have been cut with a electrical saw. The body pieces themselves are made out of plexi.

The 90 degree servo-holders are plexi too. First had them made with 90 degree aluminium furniture corners, but these were too heavy (± 0.5 pond).

Currently working on the hexapod and the (new) tank robot. Got the tank treads and the gear box this afternoon. Lots of stuff to build this week 8)

If you need help, just ask. :wink:

I’ll be coming out with my high speed RC robot in a few weeks, too. I am aiming to do a dead reckoning robot that can follow a specified drive plan and avoid obstacles. Although I will use an Arduino for some of the low level functions that the FEZ may not be fast enough for (like wheel encoding), my Domino or Cobra will be the main computer doing all the calculations.

sounds very interesting, Chris. If you need help, just ask! :wink:

Foekie ,

Just out of curriosity, What kind of electrical saw you used to cut those small pieces? can you post an image url? I don’t think I can be that creative to make something like that but there is time i want to make something my own not for robot but for other things.

Thanks!

Such type of saw is the best for this:
[url]http://i38.tinypic.com/2zibih5.png[/url]

NOTE: buy a blade with very small teeth (such as for working with aluminum or steel) other blades will rip your plexi in pieces.

And watch out with the corners, take your time. :wink:

Chris
Are you ready to share some images of your RC kit? I think am ready to upgrade my chasis. Just want to see what you have to decide. Are you sastisfy with your kit so far? wondering if this kit is strong enough for ptentially drives up a high ramp?

Thanks

Hi Hai,

I’m not ready to post images just yet, primarily because my truck is on a truck (heh, heh, heh) somewhere in Decatur, IL. It looks like I’ll receive it on Monday.

In the mean time, check the RC car thread for updates. I am doing a lot of the logic work right now. When the truck comes, I will be testing for the proper timing settings for the servos, verifying the stability of the BEC power and coding the driver for the ESC.

The next thing after that is to start building the electronics tray, which will consist of a sheet of plexiglas or something cut down to a rectangle and mounted on the body pins of the chassis. A hole will be drilled near the back for the servo and power wires to run through.

I’ll also be blogging my progress at chrisseto.com