Waiting is horrible

How come time passes more slowly waiting for your first Fez Domino :frowning:

Yesterday i received my first Arduino, yet im still frequently refreshing the track and trace info on the Domino i ordered from the UK (no distributors in Denmark, and the ā€œmust sell arduino as wellā€ requirement prevents me from becoming one) :smiley:

oh and HI , iā€™m new here :smiley:

Hello!

Yes, waiting is hard, I know. Had the same. (mine was not on stock, had to wait even longer,haha)

Welcome to the board!:wink:

Received Arduino :confused:

Once you have used FEZ for a bout a week along with Arduino, come back and tell us how much you love FEZ :wink:

@ Chimp,

I donā€™t doubt you, but as i want to port hardware drivers from Arduino to Fez i thought i would be easier to have a working reference platformā€¦

Fun fact : bought an Arduino Mega and WiFly shield, they do NOT mix well, the SPI pins are not in the same place on the Mega

And again, i only got the Arduino first because i could buy it in Denmark, the Fez i needed to get from the UK , so there :stuck_out_tongue:

I was just messing with you :slight_smile: It is actually fun to see someone try Arduino and then try FEZ!!! They will notice some huge difference in quality (hardware/software) and easiness.

We look forward to see your inventionsā€¦maybe also enter the $500 contest.

Do not forget to update your firmware once you receive your FEZ.

Yeeeehaaaa,

it arrived an hour ago, had 1.07 firmwire both before and after firmate update

itā€™s sitting next to me happily blinking away after my first test program.

Iā€™ve had it for 1 hour and already prefer it over Arduino, testing and debugging is SO much better :smiley:

received some other stuff needed for the 500$ contest, unfortunately it requires me to solder a surface mount IC , and i HATE soldering :frowning:

You can do it. Soldering is fun, you need patience, thatā€™s all :wink:

@ Foekie

thanks for your vote of confidence, i wish i could share your optimism :slight_smile:

Patience is a virtue and i lost mine a loooong time ago :wink:

Do i do like the sparkfun videos show ? solder with generous amounts of solder, and then use soldering wick to remove excess solder ?