In a fun project at home using C# I am trying to create an Entity Model for a DB I setup in my Express SQL.
- I try to “Add Data Source” from the Data Sources
- Select Database from the Choose Data Source Type window
- Select Entity Data Model from the Choose Model window.
- Select Generate From Database
- Click “New Connection …” button
- The Connection Property window has “Microsoft SQL Server Database File (SqlClient)” as the Data source
This data source attaches to an MDF, which isn’t what I wanted.
There’s a button to change, but it’s disabled. I’ve rebooted since installing SQL Express.
Any ideas on how to enable it so that I can connect to the SQL server?