Vote to help NETMF

http://live.visitmix.com/OpenCall/Vote/Session/146

Voted :smiley:

+1 :wink:

+1

+1

I like their capcha, I think I may implement it on my website… Instead of kittah’s I make it so that you have to identify all the TQFP package chips. No spam bot is getting around that…

+1
@ chris. In regards to the capcha, I felt complete opposite. Please don’t spread that. :slight_smile:

Voted!

+1

And they must have been some pretty ugly cats because I failed my first attempt to identify cats!

Voted :smiley:

Voted

It’s better than those godawful "read the case sensitive poorly rendered letters/numbers that include both the letter “o” and the number “0”…

Fine, “Identify all the TI chips in these photos under extremely bad lighting conditions”

+1 :stuck_out_tongue:

@ chris. I agree, some of those captchas are impossible to read. I don’t get it. The bots can’t be getting that good, where you have to torture actual humans. I think their is one captcha guy selling big consulting to fix a problem people did not know they had. Like Norton making viruses to sell the fixes. Look out for black helicopters :slight_smile:

+1

[quote]Thanks for voting for this session!

Browse the other sessions.
Learn more about MIX.
Register now and save![/quote]

“normal” Captcha is not hard to crack. If you know how to use some image manipulation and can handle matlab (for automation) then you are pretty on the right track :slight_smile:

I like the idea of using such images instead of hard to read text. But it kind of looks unfinished if you ask me. :stuck_out_tongue:

[quote]“normal” Captcha is not hard to crack. If you know how to use some image manipulation and can handle matlab (for automation) then you are pretty on the right track Smiley

I like the idea of using such images instead of hard to read text. But it kind of looks unfinished if you ask me.[/quote]

Simple capchas are easy to read, but I dare you to make a routine that can read any capcha. Humans are very, very good at spotting patterns, computers aren’t. Capchas take advantage of that to weed humans out from bots.

In fact the human’s pattern recognition skills are so good that they regularly throw up false positives. Look at conspiracy theories, all of that is people who think that they have seen some hidden pattern that doesn’t actually exist

+1

voted…

Ugh. Failed the capcha 3 times :smiley:

First time I have tried to vote I didn’t even realize that there is a capcha. But it is definitely unusual way of doing it. I wonder what is next - 15 puzzle?! ;D