Voice recognition module

hi
can i
start multiple async recognition for listen words in more groups at the same time?
regards paolo

I don’t think so. You need to put all the words you want to recognize at a same time in a group.

Typicaly you will have a first group “trigger” (name of the robot). When this group is triggered (robot heard its name), you can make him to listen to a group “action”, and then, depending on the action, to a third group “where/what”.

For an example!
Robot in Triggering mode : “R2D2” ? Robot acks then
Listen to group 1 (action) : “TELL ME” Robot recognize this action word and then go to
Listen to group 4 (whatcanItell) : “WHAT TIME IS IT” then you can make him tell the time, then go back to listen to the trigger group.

But if in the group 1 he would have recognized the word “GO TO” you may have him Listen to the word group 2 “PlacesIcanGo”.

This is just an example, but this is the logic.

Have Fun :slight_smile:

hi Nicolas,
with your instruction
MyEasyVR.Start_Async_Recognition(EasyVR.WordType.SI, 3, EasyVRRecognized, EasyVR.TriggerType.SD, MyTriggerAction);
i’m able to listen only on group 3 .
how i can listen
Listen to group 1 (action)
Listen to group 4 (whatcanItell) ?

group1, group4 are not “whatIcantell” or “actions”, that was just an example. You can use whatever group you wish, assign them whatever function you need (besides for reserved groups such as group 0 = trigger and group 16 = passwords).

If you use the groups .SI (Speaker independant, preprogrammed into the easyvr module), you have only 3 groups (refer to the documentation to see what words are in which groups, such as numbers, actions, etc).

If you want to use you own groups (that you have to “teach” the module to recognize first, using eventualy the easyvr manager software, or a function in the netmf API), you need to use the Wordtype.SD (speaker dependant), then the group number will be between 1 and 16.

By the way the function Start_Async_Recognition you are refering to has automatic trigger then group switch. You can program yourself only one trigger word in group 0 (name of the robot) or use the default one (“robot” in english, or the equivalent in the language you selected)

hi nicolas.
mybe i cannot able to explain well!!
you wrote you can make him to listen to a group “action”, and then, depending on the action, to a third group “where/what”.

how i can make this via software if your MyEasyVR.Start_Async_Recognition accept only EasyVRRecognized and MyTriggerAction? how i can listen for a third action ?

When this function recognize an action, it will call your delegate MyTriggerAction.

In this function, you can do whatever you want, like recognizing another word, etc etc.

So then you can for an example use SI_Recognition() or SD_Recognition, just look at the driver API, all functions are documented…

hi nicolas,
i’m working my easyvr module with your driver.
when i connect fez panda to an external power easy vr start recognize an action end then stop to work. the led on fez panda turn off! halp me please.
I have an infinite thread sleep.
and i dont use
MyEasyVR.Stop_Async_Recognition();

i hope you understand…

regards Paolo

Can you monitor the 3v3v on your Panda with a scope ? Looks like the voltage would drop at some point and the panda is crashing. Maybe your external power is not strong enough ? Maybe try to add some capacitors 100nF + 10uF on the EasyVR between VCC and GND, or maybe even try to provide a separate power (with common grounds…) only for the EasyVR ?

I have already seen problems with the Panda II being under-decoupled (crashing when inserting an SD card in the slot). I corrected it by adding a 100uF in parallel with C3 on the Panda II. May not be it at all, but worth a try. See : http://www.tinyclr.com/forum/2/3277/

Have Fun !
Nicolas

Hi! I am using an atmega168 DIP packaged microcontroller with the EasyVR. So far, I have successfully connected the EasyVR to my PC and ‘trained’ the chip using EasyVR commander. Now, I am trying light up an LED when a specific word is detected. I am using AVR Studio 5.1 to program the atmega168, in C programming language. My question is: are there any code templates or source code examples to help me get a better picture of how to communicate between the host and easyvr? I have already added all the necessary files for UART serial communication, and the protocol.h file. Now I am just trying to figure out the syntax/general code structure on how to send/receive a specific command (like ‘q’ or ‘o’) through rx and tx

You are nowhere close to being in the right forum for this query… this entire site is for NETMF based microcontrollers.

hi
I have also same project. I would like to connect easyvr with host card ( pic16f877). I use C language too.
I have also some small problem. perhaps we can help to eachother about this project…
pimobilya@ hotmail.com

wait your answer…

regards…

@ User_8421 -

I have also same project about easy vr with host card pic16f877 .
I use C programming. we can share our detail to each other… wait your response.

regards…

you’re probably classmates in the same school :stuck_out_tongue:

Good morning!

I live in Brazil, in Rio de Janeiro ,I have reading difficulty in English and I am not getting, to do the recording in the memory flash of my easyvr shield, I already read the manual and I saw the video in the youtube that is no site EasyVR Shield for Arduino - Access Control Demo - YouTube.
If somebody already got to do the recording of the sound table in the easyvr shield and it can me to send the step in full detail the step, if possible until using images of the computer using the key print screen, I will be super grateful.
For could write that letter, I had to use a translator for you turn it into English, and I don’t know if the translation was very clear.

I need help ,a recording of the sound table for the memory flash of my easyvr shield.

I thank to who can me to help

Good morning!

I live in Brazil, in Rio de Janeiro ,I have reading difficulty in English and I am not getting, to do the recording in the memory flash of my easyvr shield, I already read the manual and I saw the video in the youtube that is no site EasyVR Shield for Arduino - Access Control Demo - YouTube.
If somebody already got to do the recording of the sound table in the easyvr shield and it can me to send the step in full detail the step, if possible until using images of the computer using the key print screen, I will be super grateful.
For could write that letter, I had to use a translator for you turn it into English, and I don’t know if the translation was very clear.

I need help ,a recording of the sound table for the memory flash of my easyvr shield.

excuse me, I forgot to order my e-mail and I am sending again my message and my e-mail:
bichanoparaiba@ yahoo.com.br

I thank to who can me to help

@ User_8536 -

This is not an Arduino site.

…and the more we say so, the higher up Google’s rankings for searches involving ‘EasyVR Arduino’ this thread will go, becoming ever more of an irresistible magnet for lost wanderers in search of help with their non-Gadgeteer projects!

Maybe the only escape from this spiral is to either lock the thread or to make sure that if it does crop up in a search, the bit that will be shown is:
This isn’t the right place for EasyVR Arduino help! This isn’t the right place for EasyVR PIC help! This isn’t the right place for EasyVR shield help! It’s only the right place if you’re using .NET Micro Framework on GHI Fez stuff, in which case we do have something [here].

I there a way to filter out the noise of a running dc motor. i’m building a robot using this easyVR module. But it seems the module doesn’t recognize the trigger word when the motors are running.

I’ve not tried these myself, but several sites recommend a similar setup:

http://www.beam-wiki.org/wiki/Reducing_Motor_Noise

Are you running this on FEZ boards? If so, start a new thread. We need more details like board type, basic circuit description, and a schematic always helps. If not, keep googling.

@ mhectorgato - see RorshackUK’s last post on this thread. For some reason, this thread has become a magnet for random non-FEZzers looking for help on the EasyVR module. Not a bad thing IMO - just trying to keep the house clean…