VisualBasic SDK problem

Hello

I have 1 Problem when loading a programm on my Hydra.
I can split up the problem in 2 parts.

If I install only the .net 4.3 SDK (It says it could only exist alone) then I can’t even creat a program… it still wants something from the 4.2 library or something. (see image)

If I install all SDK options with the MicroFrameworkSDK.MSI then I can create a project, but when I upload it to the Hydra, I get this error message:

Fehler 1
Cannot deploy the base assembly ‘mscorlib’, or any of his satellite assemblies, to device

• USB:Gadgeteer twice. Assembly ‘mscorlib’ on the device has version 4.3.1.0,
    while the program is trying to deploy version 4.2.0.0

SO… what is now correct? only installing 4.3 or does it need something from 4.2? if yes… are there any settings i need to do?

Have you set the target framework for the project?

It’s a existing prgram i guess build first in 4.2 and now deployed to 4.3 ?

If so, you need to remove ALL references (4.2) first and then add them again (4.3)

hmm… yes, it seems the default framework when creating is always 4.2… but how i change that? cuz instructions say, I should have ONLY installed 4.3 cuz it can’t coexist with other SDKs.

When I crate now a standart project and load it on the Hydra i get 3 errors… (but they are too fast away as that I could copy em >.<

I still see a loooot of 4.2 in the output… is that normal?

Console output is:

Create TS.

Loading start at 20251460, end 20286794

Assembly: mscorlib (4.3.1.0) Assembly: Microsoft.SPOT.Native (4.3.1.0) Assembly: Microsoft.SPOT.Security.PKCS11 (4.3
.1.0) Assembly: System.Security (4.3.1.0) Assembly: Microsoft.SPOT.Hardware (4.3.1.0)
Assembly: Microsoft.SPOT.Graphics (4.3.1.0) Assembly: Microsoft.SPOT.TinyCore (4.3.1.0)
Assembly: Microsoft.SPOT.IO (4.3.1.0) Assembly: System.IO (4.3.1.0) Assembly: Microsoft.SPOT.Hardware.Usb (4.3.1.0)
Assembly: Microsoft.SPOT.Hardware.SerialPort (4.3.1.0) Assembly: Microsoft.SPOT.Touch (4.3.1.0)
Assembly: Microsoft.SPOT.Ink (4.3.1.0) Assembly: Microsoft.SPOT.Hardware.PWM (4.3.1.0)
Assembly: Microsoft.SPOT.Hardware.OneWire (4.3.1.0) Assembly: System.Xml (4.3.1.0)
Assembly: Microsoft.SPOT.Time (4.3.1.0) Assembly: Microsoft.SPOT.Net (4.3.1.0)
Assembly: System (4.3.1.0) Assembly: Microsoft.SPOT.Net.Security (4.3.1.0)
Assembly: System.Net.Security (4.3.1.0) Loading Deployment Assemblies.

Attaching deployed file.

Assembly: GHI.OSHW.Hardware (4.2.6.1) Attaching deployed file.

Assembly: Gadgeteer (2.42.0.0) Attaching deployed file.

Assembly: Microsoft.VisualBasic (1.0.0.0) Attaching deployed file.

Assembly: GadgeteerApp4 (1.0.0.0) Attaching deployed file.

Assembly: GHIElectronics.Gadgeteer.FEZHydra (4.2.109.0) Resolving.

Link failure: some assembly references cannot be resolved!!

Assembly: GHI.OSHW.Hardware (4.2.6.1) needs assembly ‘mscorlib’ (4.2.0.0)

Assembly: GHI.OSHW.Hardware (4.2.6.1) needs assembly ‘Microsoft.SPOT.Hardware’ (4.2.0.0)

Assembly: GHI.OSHW.Hardware (4.2.6.1) needs assembly ‘Microsoft.SPOT.Native’ (4.2.0.0)

Assembly: Gadgeteer (2.42.0.0) needs assembly ‘mscorlib’ (4.2.0.0)

Assembly: Gadgeteer (2.42.0.0) needs assembly ‘Microsoft.SPOT.Hardware’ (4.2.0.0)

Assembly: Gadgeteer (2.42.0.0) needs assembly ‘Microsoft.SPOT.Hardware.PWM’ (4.2.0.1)

Assembly: Gadgeteer (2.42.0.0) needs assembly ‘Microsoft.SPOT.TinyCore’ (4.2.0.0)

Assembly: Gadgeteer (2.42.0.0) needs assembly ‘Microsoft.SPOT.Graphics’ (4.2.0.0)

Assembly: Gadgeteer (2.42.0.0) needs assembly ‘Microsoft.SPOT.Net’ (4.2.0.0)

Assembly: Gadgeteer (2.42.0.0) needs assembly ‘Microsoft.SPOT.Native’ (4.2.0.0)

Assembly: Gadgeteer (2.42.0.0) needs assembly ‘Microsoft.SPOT.IO’ (4.2.0.0)

Assembly: Gadgeteer (2.42.0.0) needs assembly ‘System.IO’ (4.2.0.0)

Assembly: GadgeteerApp4 (1.0.0.0) needs assembly ‘Gadgeteer’ (2.42.0.0)

Assembly: GadgeteerApp4 (1.0.0.0) needs assembly ‘GHIElectronics.Gadgeteer.FEZHydra’ (4.2.109.0)

Assembly: GHIElectronics.Gadgeteer.FEZHydra (4.2.109.0) needs assembly ‘Gadgeteer’ (2.42.0.0)

Assembly: GHIElectronics.Gadgeteer.FEZHydra (4.2.109.0) needs assembly ‘mscorlib’ (4.2.0.0)

Assembly: GHIElectronics.Gadgeteer.FEZHydra (4.2.109.0) needs assembly ‘Microsoft.SPOT.Hardware’ (4.2.0.0)

Assembly: GHIElectronics.Gadgeteer.FEZHydra (4.2.109.0) needs assembly ‘GHI.OSHW.Hardware’ (4.2.6.1)

Assembly: GHIElectronics.Gadgeteer.FEZHydra (4.2.109.0) needs assembly ‘Microsoft.SPOT.Native’ (4.2.0.0)

Error: a3000000

Waiting for debug commands…

Das Programm “[3] Micro Framework application: Verwaltet” wurde mit Code 0 (0x0) beendet.

----------------- EDIT: found the errorlist^^
see image

Yep, remove the 4.2 references and add then 4.3 like in the image.

hmmm… I can’t find the reference Manager in my VisualBasic12… is this a general option or a project specific one? and where did you find yours?

Right click on My Project in the Solution Explorer, then click on References on the left side.

hmm… I think I found it… but If i remove the 4.2 reference… then I can’t load the programm anymore at all :S

I get the error: “GHIElectronics.Gadgeteer.FEZHydra” is not definied.

------ Erstellen gestartet: Projekt: GadgeteerApp5, Konfiguration: Debug Any CPU ------
F:\Program Files (x86)\Programmierkram\Gadgeteer\Projects\GadgeteerApp5\GadgeteerApp5\Program.generated.vb(23) : error BC30002: Der Typ “GHIElectronics.Gadgeteer.FEZHydra” ist nicht definiert.
F:\Program Files (x86)\Programmierkram\Gadgeteer\Projects\GadgeteerApp5\GadgeteerApp5\Program.generated.vb(25) : error BC30002: Der Typ “GHIElectronics.Gadgeteer.FEZHydra” ist nicht definiert.
F:\Program Files (x86)\Programmierkram\Gadgeteer\Projects\GadgeteerApp5\GadgeteerApp5\Program.generated.vb(35) : error BC30002: Der Typ “GHIElectronics.Gadgeteer.FEZHydra” ist nicht definiert.
========== Erstellen: 0 erfolgreich, 1 fehlerhaft, 0 aktuell, 0 übersprungen ==========
========== Bereitstellen: 0 erfolgreich, 0 fehlerhaft, 0 übersprungen ==========

I followed the instructions on the website… I dunno… but then like everyone must have encountered that problem somehow? O.o

Please start a new project. At that point, select a Gadgeteer project and on the screen where you select a mainboard, please take a screen shot.

Please also tell us what SDKs you installed; the best way to do that is go to the actual SDK install directories and look at the readme files in the GHI directories and confirm the versions listed there.

Hello Brett

Thank you for the tipp with the Board-selection… had a closer look and seen the small selection, where I could choose a SDK.
So I thried to select 4.3… but I’m getting a error… but I’m not really sure what it means >.>

In the instalation I only selected 4.3 … is that correct? or should I install all options?

No worries, we’ll work it out together (again :wink: )

The problem is not in the NETMF SDK its the Gadgeteer SDK that is missing or not correctly set up.

You should usually allow the NETMF SDK to install backwards compatible framework versions (they do not conflict) so that if you do have or get an older device that doesn’t support 4.3 you can still use it. But that doesn’t explain why you can’t get a Gadgeteer app to work (but please put 4.2 in when you can)

Then, you need to install the correct Gadgeteer SDK - by the looks of it you have not ? The Gadgeteer Core build should be 2.43.900, and in an earlier screenshot you had 2.42.000 (but that may have been a hangover of the old project you were using).

Please look in the GHI directory that your SDKs are installed in and find the readme in the Gadgeteer SDK and confirm what release you have installed. The current one is 2014 R5.

1 Like

I feel so dumb… my programmingskills are pretty low… But I’m not very familiar with all those libraries and stuff :confused:
thank you for your patience to help me.

Ok, Installed the rest too, just in case it needs something from the older SDKs.

hmm… but if I select 4.2 while creating the project… won’t I get again errors becose I updated my board to 4.3? Or would it maybe smarter, to downgrade the board again?

Here is the content of the release notes:

Gadgeteer SDK

2014 R5

Released October 2014

Built with Gadgeteer SDK 2.43.900

Version

Changes

• Updated the FEZ Cerberus mainboard version.
  • Improved stability of mounting the SD card on the FEZ Cerbuino Bee and Net.
  • Reworked the tunes driver to avoid a bug in NETMF.
  • Cleaned up the Cellular Radio driver some and added support for PPP.

Issues

• None.

2014 R4

Released October 2014

Version

Changes

• Reduced a lot of the module and mainboard image sizes.

Issues

• None.

2014 R3

Released September 2014

Version

Changes

• StartStreaming in Camera now uses the proper resolution.
  • The DisplayTE35 help url is fixed.
  • Removed the Spider II.
  • Added pin definitions for the headers on the FEZ Cerbuinos.
  • The network modules no longer open the interface on construction.
  • SPI displays now function properly with the Cerb Family mainboards.
  • The default baudrate of the serial modules was corrected to 9600 from 9800.
  • USB Host functionality was added to the Cerb Family mainboards.
  • Fixed the extended socket on the Extender.
  • Removed the text from the FEZ Spider mainboard image.

Issues

• None.

2014 R2

Released July 2014

Version

Changes

• Barometer, KeypadKP16, and Temp&Humidity moved to discontinued products SDK.
  • Setting the display orientation now saves properly.
  • Updated the FEZ Cerberus mainboard image.
  • The AccelG248 no longer loses precision and returns values between -1.0 and 1.0.
  • The exception in Accelerometer construction has been fixed.
  • Added the TempHumidSI70 module.
  • Added the FEZ Spider II mainboard.
  • Fixed numerous small ### Issues ### with ramping movement in MotorDriverL298.
  • USBHost and SDCard have been heavily reworked.
  • RFIDReader no longer requires two reads to raise the event.
  • The various serial modules now default to 9800 baud instead of 38400.
  • Mainboards with onboard functionality now have it exposed in their driver.
  • Mounting and unmounting storage devices through the mainboard now returns false instead of throwing an exception.
  • Mainboards now automatically start the USB host controller.

Issues

• None.

we’re all here to help, no need to worry - although you have had your fair share of problems :wink:

OK, so first to answer your question - if you select 4.2 in the project when you are creating a new project, won’t you get an error ? Yes, you certainly would, in fact that is the error you were originally seeing, an A30000000 error typically means firmware-and-app-version-mismatch.

So now onto your problem. Looks like the GHI Gadgeteer SDK installation has failed to install the 4.3 integration. I would make sure you have VS shut, manually uninstall the GHI SDKs (completely), and then reinstall the GHI R5 and see if that works

1 Like

removed it and made sure the GHI folder was away. reinstalled it.

Interessting… I get now a core error >.> (see image)
so i uninstalled it and reinstalled it again too… tadaa… I can create now a project now on 4.3 :smiley:

aaaaaaaand… I can run the default programm :DDD
omg omg omg.
It seems that all the uninstall/reinstall of SDKs, VB and so on created a total chaos -.-

“Microsoft.SPOT.Debugger.CorDebug.dll” (Verwaltet): “C:\Program Files (x86)\GHI Electronics\GHI .NET Gadgeteer SDK\Mainboards\FEZHydra\NETMF 4.3\le\GHIElectronics.Gadgeteer.FEZHydra.dll” geladen, Symbole geladen.
“Microsoft.SPOT.Debugger.CorDebug.dll” (Verwaltet): “F:\Program Files (x86)\Programmierkram\Gadgeteer\Projects\GadgeteerApp6\GadgeteerApp6\bin\Debug\le\GadgeteerApp6.exe” geladen, Symbole geladen.
Der Thread ‘’ (0x2) hat mit Code 0 (0x0) geendet.
Using mainboard GHI Electronics FEZ Hydra version 1.2
Program Started
Der Thread ‘’ (0x3) hat mit Code 0 (0x0) geendet.
Das Programm “[1] Micro Framework application: Verwaltet” wurde mit Code 0 (0x0) beendet.

I’m sooo happy now jumps around Thanks for the step by step debugging ^.^
Thank you very much Brett and the others.

greezs evul

sweet ! Go make some cool stuff now :wink:

1 Like