Using the Panda II to send a "character."

Hey guys,

I’m new here and I want to get started with my new Panda II. I already have a project in mind but I don’t have any extra add-ons on me at the moment. I just want to know if it’s possible to send a character to the Panda II, and it sends back a confirmation character (something like a handshake) using ONLY the Panda II mini-USB connection.

ex. I type ASCII character “Q.” Putty sends back character “Z.”

Thank you for reading.

Welcome to the community!

Check this project:

This looks good. However I’m running into another problem. When I tried to deploy the program onto my Panda II, the USB drivers went and blew up in my face. I’ve been running into this issue for a long time on my 64-bit Windows 7 system (Drivers not working, I was able to deploy a few programs onto my Panda II last night though). I was stoked when I saw the drivers for the Panda II installed without a hitch! Because usually I have to Google for about 20 minutes to get a straight answer about why my plug-and-play device is called “Unknown USB Device.” I’m in the process of re-installing the drivers now.

Other than that, this project looks like what I need to get my project started thank you! I just wish he commented his code… :wink:

Check the forum. We had few discussions about the FezTerm,you might get some answers there

http://www.tinyclr.com/forum/search/?q=FezTerm