For my work, I used USBizi100, for the brain of my project.
- Have 2 Transceivers in rear of helico, with one big battery for use the transceivers when helico is on the ground ( Radios autonomous ), and all commands are in front of helico.
- In flight, the helico, must charge the battery and provide energy for transceivers.
- All the audio is interfaced with the helicopter intercom. The pilot can even talk on the transceivers.
- 1 ,front , Head (remote) with USBizi100, Audio for headset, etc…
- 1 ,rear ,Driving Tranceivers (Channels, Audios Levels) and Charger
- 1 ,rear ,Converter/Charger (Helico in 28V / Tranceivers in 12V)
For this project, I used, some intresting components.
8-Bit, 8-Channel Sampling ANALOG-TO-DIGITAL CONVERTER, for mesure, voltage and consumption.
16-Bit I/O Expander, for changing chanels of transceivers and PTT (push to talk).
Quad 256 positions Digital Potentiometers, for audios levels.
256K CMOS EEPROM, for save settings.
I2C bus Extender, for link between front and rear.
Only, one Rotary Encoder, for remplace, some mechanical potentiometers, and use in dynamical situation.