Main Site Documentation

Upload configuration files at deployment (mfdeploy)

Hello,

Is there a way to upload files on memory at the deployment (mfdeploy) ? What I want to do is generating files linked with the electronic board at deployment (configuration, …). These special files will be different for another board.

Thanks for your answers
Lionel

You can read a device deployment then use that to deploy on other devices

Hello,

Thank for your answer but what I mean is diferent from a standard deployment. What I want is pushing files on the board and give to the application deployed the references to these files.

Thanks
Lionel

Sorry, I am not sure I understand what you need

My goal is to generate (at deployment) a customized file (per deployment, which change at each deployment) on a workstation and then putting (always at deployment) this file in the flash storage.

I think it is not feasible and I have to imagine another solution to get this file. A solution could be letting the application at first boot going to a server and get this file ?

I hope to be more clear
Thanks
Lionel

Lionel,

Visual Studio doesn’t really offer what you’re looking for unless you’re going to manually change a file each build and have it included in the build as a resource; that you can do.

Otherwise, yes, you can do a check of build number / EWR to see if you’ve gotten a file since that last update and if not pull it and update EWR.

Hope that helps.

Yes thank you

Best regards
Lionel