TS2046 Pinout

On the development board schematic, you have the VREF pin attached to the “TC_VREF” net. Where does this go to?

Dev Header SV1 pin 22

Ok let me be more specific. What is the purpose of this net? It doesn’t appear to be connected to a power source. Is the TS2046 being initalized to use the internal VREF source in the GHI native driver?

It looks like internal reference is used. I guess TC_VREF is left there just in case.

Can someone from GHI confirm that the TS2046 is using it’s internal VREF?

Yes

Ok, still having some weird issues with this chip. The PEN_IRQ works, the card engine is getting believable data, but the calibration routine (even the SDK example) isn’t working. I’ve verified that the touch screen is correctly connected to the TSC2046. The only difference I can find between my design and the development board is the 0.1uF cap on the PEN_IRQ line.

What I am seeing is coordinates way off the screen, for example (1348,900) where I would expect this to be limited to 800x480. Anyone have any idea what is going on here?

Did you calibrate the touch screen? What you see is expected if you didn’t

Yes I have. Although keep in mind I’m seeing these kinds of coordinates during calibration as well.

Please run the calibration example that ships with the Microsoft SDK. The only explanation I have is that calibration is not done right.

This issue is still plaguing me. I have attached a screenshot of the applicable part of my schematic. Does anyone see a problem here?

Two more pieces of information: This same display worked perfectly on my EMX board. Also, I am not getting consistent coordinates when touching a single point multiple times. I’ve seen this before on other controllers, it’s usually an issue with it coming out of low-power mode and the first set of readings being garbage.

I’m assuming this works fine on the ChipowrkX development board which means there must be something different about my setup.

You’ve connected top and bottom to X axis. Left and right to Y axis. I don’t know, it might be correct but can you verify that?

Please let us know if you did what I asked in last post.

[quote]Please run the calibration example that ships with the Microsoft SDK. The only explanation I have is that calibration is not done right.
[/quote]

Have you tried this project? Without any modification?

C:\Users\Gus Issa\Documents\Microsoft .NET Micro Framework 4.1\Samples\TouchCalibration

Yes I tried calibrating and the problem persisted. I also tried the sample you referenced unmodified with no success.