Trouble with live debugging

On a Non-VM is it working fine.
But user tuxbear has running Domino on VMWare (Windows 7) on a MAC …
Also i can’t install .inf File directly

So it is another user not you who has Domino working with VM not on your machine? Maybe it is some configuration.

Correct - is the user who started this thread.
The TinyBooter driver is recognized fine by Windows…But maybe the Debug driver has some problems…
I don’t have any problems with other usb devices in the VM…

By trying to select the .inf file i get the error:
“The specified location does not contain information about your hardware.”

There is nothing special about this driver! Let me dig the email of the user who got it working, maybe he can help.

Ok thx !

Hello vvizards :slight_smile:

I have read the thread, and I am not really sure if I can help. My issues in this thread was not in installing the driver or getting windows to recognise the device, but with on-device debugging in visual studio.

My understanding is that uberl is having issues installing the drivers, which I didn’t have. My only suggestion would be to extract the contents of the installer and manually install the drivers, but it seems like you have already tried this.

hi tuxbear

so you dont have installed the drivers in a VMWare (Windows 7) on MAC ?

i tried with VirtualBox/VMWare Fusion installing WindowsXP/Windows7(32)/Windows7(64)
but no one recognizes the USB Debug Driver…and manual install doesnt work.

interesting thing on Windows7:
after erasing the system, it isnt recognized as GPS camera device (as stated in the manual) - it shows a ‘Unknown Device’; but here the manual install of the driver works fine (only the Debug isnt working).and deploying using the serial interface is slow…

I installed the drivers for the domino just fine on a VmWare Fusion running Windows 7 x86.

Are you using a Mac?

Yes a MacBook (2010) - VMWare Fusion 3.1.3 (Windows 7 Professional x86 32bit)

I could try BootCamp and starting the image in Fusion.

BootCamp (Windows7) + ChipWorkX (USB Debug) is working fine (native)

but BootCamp image + ChipWorkX (USB Debug) in Fusion doesn’t work…

@ tuxbear: Are you using a Mac ?

I was, but the virtualization layer was too much of a hassle when debugging, I just use my Windows computer to develop for the domino now :slight_smile:

A ok - for now i use BootCamp, since on newest Fusion (Windows 7) i cant install GHI USB Debug driver …

GHI Debug driver works fine under Parallels … :wink: