Trouble connecting wifi extension up to router

Hi I just started programming with the FEZ Cobra after spending a lot of time programming arduino boards and I am pretty amazed by what this board can do. One problem I am having however is connecting this board up to my router with the Wifi extension board.(MRF24WB0MA).
I have looked at a lot of other threads and have made sure that cable is connected the right way with the arrow pointing to 3.3v. I also updated my firmware to version 4.1.6 with EMXUpdater.
I was using the sample code on GHI Electronics NETMF library. My router’s ssid is linksys and it is currently is not secured

I have changed parts of that code for what i need.

WiFi.Enable(SPI.SPI_module.SPI2, (Cpu.Pin)FEZ_Pin.Digital.IO2, (Cpu.Pin)FEZ_Pin.Interrupt.IO26);

since i have a cobra and

WiFiSettings.Ssid = "linksys";
                //WiFiSettings.PassPhrase = "";
                WiFiSettings.Encryption = Wireless80211.EncryptionType.None;

hwoever when i run the program i just get back
Waiting for WiFi link!
WiFi link is not available yet! Wrong AP settings?
Still waiting.
Still waiting.

one of the things in the other thread says to connect the cobra to mfdeploy to get the debug information. however when I click target in mfdeploy I only have application development, manage device keys, and configuration. I am able to ping the board and get back a response of Tinyclr. Am i missing a step while trying to connect the board to mfdeploy?

Thanks

What is the firmware version you are using?

When I power up the board the touchscreen says version 4.1.6.0.

[quote]one of the things in the other thread says to connect the cobra to mfdeploy to get the debug information. however when I click target in mfdeploy I only have application development, manage device keys, and configuration. I am able to ping the board and get back a response of Tinyclr. Am i missing a step while trying to connect the board to mfdeploy?
[/quote]
If you did this correctly. I mean you connected the debugger in MFdeploy, reseted the board , and you could see the boot up messages. Then you did not any WiFi debugging messages like scan… connect… Then there is something wrong in the hardware side! Either the cable is not connected in the correct direction or it is the connector headers itself. Please double check the cable.

Im not sure that I am connecting to mfdeploy properly.

is there a trick to connecting to mfdeploy because I am able to ping the device but when I click target from the main menu there is no option called connect

the device that it sees next to usb says EMX_EMX

IT is explained in this tutorial:
[url]http://wiki.tinyclr.com/index.php?title=Firmware_Update_EMX[/url]

thank you
i still can’t seem to connect my device to MFDeploy to see the debug information but I was able to change the network settings using MFDeploy and click the DHCP checkbox in configuration network and get the wifi unit to respond.

Waiting for WiFi link!
Still waiting.
WiFi link is ready!
Enable DHCP
Network settings:
IP Address: 192.168.1.105
Subnet Mask: 255.255.255.0
Default Getway: 192.168.1.1

By the way, the DHCP check box in MFDeploy is not effective. DHCP should be enabled in the code. Take a look at WiFi library documentation for more details.