Trossenrobotics - Competition

Hi Peeps,

Just thought I’d give everyone a bit of a heads up that there is a competition over at trossenrobotics. BTW, I am not affiliated with these guys in anyway or anyone else for that matter, I’m just a guy who loves electronics and programming.

I think it will be a good opportunity to show them what FEZ is all about, and how we can do things better. From what I can see they sell everything but FEZ components, WTF!!!

[url]http://www.trossenrobotics.com/contest.aspx[/url]

Good luck ladies and gents.

Yep saw this yesterday. IT should be some real stiff competition. They have great entries every time they do it. Of course with a 1500 dollar prize i can understand why.

Anyone have contacts there to ask them for carrying FEZ?

They are pretty much a by the book company. Any inside contact would not be able to pull rabbit out of hat per say. They have been around quite a while and a prime resource for robotic stuff. With that in mind this is how they do vendor setup. Trossen Robotics - New Vendors

The prices are very cool :o

I might enter with RWAR if I can get the math sorted out soon enough… I already have all the hardware, I’m just waiting on the math!

Yeah Foekie i would kill for the Hexapod they offer as the prize. Most of that cost is in the servos alone. 45 Bucks a pop can get expensive with 3 per leg. 1080 to be exact. I have a few ideas for entry just not sure they would be up to snuff with what has won with previous entries. Can not hurt trying though.

I would try if I were you :slight_smile:

Oh man - that K-9 bot FTW! Seriously, that is classic! I want.

Maybe I can put an enclosure around the SNAAP like that. :slight_smile:

Greg, I thought it was SSNAP…? When did it the extra S get nixed in favor of the extra A? :smiley:

It was SSNAAP, but I dropped the first “S” (of “Swift” fame) since “Self-Navigating Autonomous Analysis Platform” was sufficient.

I may change it to “WFR” for “Wicked Fast Robot” (pronounced “Whiffer”). :wink: Especially after the last speed run. (kidding - I kind of like SNAAP)