TinyCLR has come a long way

With the new face lift to TinyCLR, I just wanted to say this site with it’s products has come along way in the short time I have came aware of it.

I first found TinyCLR.com when all that was available was the Mini and the Domino, then the Cobra, Rhino and now Panda, not to mention the couple components at the time.

Well thank you to everyone that has helped a newbie to computer programming and embedded systems shed some light to it all.

Here is another question, When did TinyCLR.com go live? It’s been a couple months since I found it and it has grown fast.

The Mini and Domino have March as a release date for the schematics, what would FEZ’s age be in Chimp years then? :slight_smile:

Mike in MN

Around January 2010 so it has been less than a year! 400+ members who have at least one post here and hundreds who are very active. We have more FEZes that we had in mind. The plan was only 2 but we now have 6 FEZes, 5 made by GHI and one made for the community.

By the way, you haven’t seen the new TinyCLR yet :smiley: This is what we are working on so stay tuned.

On top of all that, we want to thank you to trust us enough to try FEZ and become a member of this community. Thank you for that and thank you for the kind words :-[

Well Gus, I am hooked. I will be around for a while.

This is probably the most open online community I have come across (believe me, I have tried, but being a newbie, there isn’t much tolerance out there).

Can’t wait to see the new TinyCLR.

I will give you guys one thing, you keep it fresh and always make me log on each day to see if there are new changes or new products, etc.

Mike in MN

[quote]Well Gus, I am hooked. I will be around for a while.

This is probably the most open online community I have come across (believe me, I have tried, but being a newbie, there isn’t much tolerance out there).[/quote]

Agreed - I’m very much a n00b and have received a lot of helpful feedback! I’ve still got much to learn and am confident that I will do so with the help from here.

It’s funny, even with what little knowledge I’ve accrued from here, I look at gadgets and electronic goods differently now.

Thanks to FEZ and all the FEZers!

FEZ is AWESOME :dance:

Gus and team should be applauded for what they have done for all of us. :clap:

This site has been a awesome resource for me (and my employer by the way).

Can’t wait to see what the future brings.

-Eric

I’ve been hanging out here for less than two months (just before the Panda launch) and was shocked to later realize that this all started less than a year ago. I’m blown away if what has happened here in less than a year. Or heck, look at Fezzer.com from where it started a couple weeks ago to over a hundred entries??!? (when it’s online :wink: )

I’m enjoying getting some coding time in on the evenings… my day job (at Microsoft, ironically) doesn’t have me writing much code these days so I need a creative outlet.

I dug up a box from my basement a couple weeks ago with a library of Motorola 68hc11 microcontroller manuals. I’m amazed I got anything done with that stuff–FEZ/netmf is so much more productive, more fun to work with.

Words are not strong enough, I think… I’ve seen many “communities” of soft/hardware guys, but none like TinyCLR :snooty:

They are indeed really involved in their “business” (not very adequate term, sorry) and we, users, take the good part of their work.

I can’t ask anything more except : “please, don’t stop !” :clap:

You guys created this amazingly helpful community and you guys supported us.
So the big applause is for you.