TinyCLR_CortexM4 PORT - First Experience / Impression

first of all

I’m very very impressed with TinyCLR OS because of

• very easy way to port into STM32F4 boards “thanx to GHI Electronics for such things”

• ability to deploy via USB or via UART “thanx to @matsujirushi” for provide of this way.

• so things are going now extreme easy and better for .NET Development thanks ability to port at STM32F4xx level for existing cheap boards (such are Nucleo Stm32F441Ret6/Stm32F401Ret6 , Micropython Board STM32F415RGT6…)

- but there’s just a few things to become an perfect things
-1.) to be able to select way of debug *(parity or nonparity via Visual Studio when we select SERIAL) fix for VSIX
-2.) to be able to use also other development ide instead only just Visual Studio ,
such are for example XAMARIN Studio / SharpDevelop Studio / MonoIDE or all available IDE’s that
are supported by Win/Linux/MacOS

• 3.) To include part for Interopt inside Targets folder when people will there add their needs which will be appeared into main.cpp (more doc and easy way of implmentation)
  • 4.) an C# Class “helper class that could help old code run as is - throught new TinyCLR Os Code” but as stand alone outer class that not need to be included but to exist for the people who want to use.

i mean all those 4 things could make it perfect combination “for old and new developers / migration and usage of this new electronics toy”

it complete my gaps of .NET for Electronics Development
(i’m talking as software developer with no hardware experience but i’trying to learn)

2 Likes

Thanks. This feedback is very important as we iron out all the details. The fact that you are happy with an alpha software means we are doing it right :nerd: things will just get better getting into beta and then production.

And by the way, using other IDEs is on the top of the list. The new GHI 2.0 doesn’t lock you to a specific software, hardware, or even an IDE.

4 Likes

In the ide list I add Visual Studio Code.

4 Likes