TinyClr Clone

Can you provide any info on this custom board?

Too bad we lost images from old posts. Maybe @ Gralin will repost it.

@ HughB nice to see you too if i may say so :wink:

@ mhectorgatoHero No problem. Here is the post @ Architect mentioned with the missing pictures

[quote]I have delegated a smilar project to a student during his summer practices in our company. The goal was to control devices that have a IR interface thru Ethernet. The result was a FEZ Domino + custom IR & WIZ810MJ shield. The device is capable of learning IR codes and saving them on MicroSD card. It has a web interface that enables the user to send a code using 1 of 8 available IR channels.

Right now we are tryind to make an end device based on this prototype. It will be a custom board with USBizi 100, W5100, MicroSD slot, IR LED connectors, MicroUSB connector, IR receiver. In next version we will consider using PoE or WiFi to make it more usefull for home users (it was designed for industrial).[/quote]

So we ended up having a prototype and it doesn’t look like it are going to move any further. Still it was a good experience. The problem with this board is that USBizi has limited memory and this project used it all. We are using bootloader and when its enabled the only way to program the device is with release mode (no debuging) and obfuscation (to make the code footprind smaller by eliminating long method and class names strings). So no to many options for further development.

1 Like

@ Gralin - Thank for the info, very cool.

Oh and the board is 100% hand made (pcb + solder) so this is reason why it’s not too pretty :wink:

It’s a thing of beauty to me!

I like it the geek way :wink: No normal people understand this kind of beauty !

I confirm, wery nice !

Thanks @ LouisCpro

@ leforban I am still curious how did you find out that my domain address points to tinyclr!

@ Gralin - I’m betting a search with google for tinyclr stuff shows your domain in the results :wink:

@ Gralin, The same as Justin, google drives me to your doman. That’s all.