TinyCLR 2.1 RC1 shows Update Failed after successful update

Not a big issue

I get an “There was an error during the upload” status after updating my FEZ Duino from latest preview to RC1.
Device was not listed in the Port Dropdown only COM3 (GHI Electronics) after power off and on the device everything works as expected with the new firmware

I used the RC1 TinyCLR Config Tool and the ITCore-SC20-Firmware-v2.1.0.5000.ghi Firmware.

there’s another thread here about the same error coming up as well. for @Gus_Issa and @Dat_Tran
( Deployment on SCM20260 fails )

do you see usb name under device manager?

I can see this after upload too, (probably just trouble to enumarate fast enough after reboot), you can list the device in a drop down menu without trouble, So it is just a message after firmware upload, I can see this every time, no version dependence. But it looks like its OK. so I never tried to think about that.

Error occurs every time I update the firmware

I installed RC
Downgraded (no Device listed in device manager until Disconnect/Connect)
and Upgraded

I made a video maybe this helps

1 Like

Still couldn’t reproduce in my side, even downgrade v2.0.0.

Somehow your PC doesn’t refresh the port as I can see under device manager until reset the board.

Can you uninstall the usb driver

You don’t need to install driver if window 10. just hit reset and the proper driver will be loaded.

Have you tested on another PC?

I uninstalled it but this is not an GHi driver this is some generic from Microsoft

if i uninstall and plugin my FEZ Duino it shows up again.

The firmware and the device is working so it’s not really a problem.

I tried the update on a different computer
Works fine here

Computer 1 (with the Problem)
AMD Ryzen 9 5900X
MSI X570 Tomahawk Mainboard
Testes different USB 2 and 3 Ports.

Computer 2 (no Problem)
Dell XPS 15
Intel i7 9750H CPU

Maybe it’s some chipset or usb driver problem

if i uninstall and plugin my FEZ Duino it shows up again.

Yes, it should be like that.

The firmware and the device is working so it’s not really a problem.

Yes, problem here is PC doesn’t refresh USB port, and unfortunately I couldn’t reproduce on my PC. Nothing wrong with firmware or device. You can go ahead continue your project.

I tried the update on a different computer
Works fine here

I wish I can have the PC to see what wrong with our analyzer tool. :))

1 Like