The G30HDR, a through hole version of the G30 SoC

Announced recently, the G30HDR, a very small trough-hole version of the surface-mount G30 System on Chip. This allows for an easy way to wire and build projects. It is also DIP format compatible. A socket can be used to plug the G30HDR onto boards instead of soldering. OF course, the male headers must be added first.

As for power, the base microcontroller, the STM32F401, is extremely low power. The G30HDR is designed with no regulator to give the user options when it comes to choosing the right power supply. Especially that STM32F401 can run on voltages lower than 3.3V. The datasheet from ST would cover full details on power consumption and operating voltages.

To power the G30HDR from the USB port, the VBUS signal is exposed on one of the pads. This is the voltage coming from the USB port. This can be used to feed the 3.3V power regulator that feeds the entire system, including the G30HDR itself. As another option, the G30HDR includes the footprint for a regulator that is intentionally left not populated. At 100 pcs or more, the G30HDR can be ordered with the regulator added. However, this regulator is not suited for lower power applications, hence not populated.

Finally, customers can even select to order the G30HDR with headers pre-installed as well.

G30HDR: http://www.ghielectronics.com/catalog/product/538

2 Likes

Where do you select headers on the product page ?

Same as the regulator option, this is a custom order, typically 100 pcs.

Hey Gus,

Do you have any intent on making a version of this product more like the Cerb40 II with the RTC crystal, headers, and 3.3v regulator available out of the box in small quantity. With the cerb 40 II now in legacy, are there plans to make a successor or is this the G30HDR the successor? I really like the size and footprint of these devices and found the cerb40II a great product. I’ll need an alternative device.

Thanks!

@ Gismofx - I answered your reply on the other thread, the H30HDR announcement. Let’s keep the discussion in one place please so we can help you better.

@ everyone - I started a new discussion about what defines a HDR board
https://www.ghielectronics.com/community/forum/topic?id=19920