The Clock is Ticking! Are you ready for ETSI EN 300 328 v1.8.1?

Picked up from the internet:

You’ve likely heard by now that the European Telecommunications Standards Institute (ETSI) will be implementing a new set of compliance standards for 2.4 GHz wireless products, effective January 1st, 2015.

The ETSI EN 300 328 standard addresses any wideband RF product sold into Europe that utilizes the 2.4 GHz ISM band. Examples would include products that incorporate WiFi (802.11 a/b/g/n), Bluetooth®, Bluetooth Smart, or ZigBee® communication protocols. Documentation confirming compliance to v1.8.1 will be required by January 1, 2015.

ETSI EN 300 328 V1.8.1 Norm:

ETSI EN 310 893 V1.7.1 Norm:

Anything to get worried about when going to the European market ?

I had a chat with an embedded developer this week and he was saying that the new wireless devices may not connect if the channel is used and have to wait … or maybe hop to a new frequency (only for the 2.4 Ghz band) …

Since the pre 2015 devices do not comply with the 2015 standards I’ll probably keep those as long as I can. If this is all true, then one can expect a run on the wireless devices avail now and not produced to comply with the 2015 standards …

sorry … can not be more specific … company internal info … but Germany based …

That sounds more like white space than ISM. interesting if true. Let’s face it 2.4 is chocker these days and nothing is currently designed to play fairly with anything else. Eventually you just end up raising the noise floor and no-one gets any data sent.

yep, that was one of the arguments … too many devices using (up) the frequencies …