The all new TinyCLR is here!

After long months of hard work, we are glad to bring you the new TinyCLR. There are few little issues here and there that we are covering but it should be all done in under a week. The new TinyCLR not only look more modern, it also has a lot of new features.

On Forum:

1. You can load multiple images to a post.
  2. There are new little quick info buttons in the top right corner of every post. They get you info about the user, let you quote better or direct the post to someone.
  3. Posts have +1 feature
  4. Quoting quote works and you can even add a user name like this
  1. The forum decodes full youtube links, you do not need to use just the ID, but using ID works too.
  2. There is a share button on top of topics so you can tweet, facebook or share the post in your favorite social network.
  3. “mark unread” button
  4. post delete feature

On Codeshare:

1. Projects now have 2 types, single snippet and a project. One is a file and the other is a zip file
  2. Code share parses the zip file and shows you the contents!
  3. You an upload anew rev to code while keeping the old versions. This is NOT SVN or Git but a way to keep older versions available.
  4. Code now must have a license.
  5. Anyone can rev anyone else’s code. Some seniority restrictions maybe added.
  6. Comments on codeshare

Other:

1. We have users page. We may add more search/browse options
  2. Support page has now tabs with new tab for gadgeteer tutorials, more on this later.
  3. All new search feature where you can add and remove code words, more on this later
  4. changed “experience level” to points

Known issues as of Friday 5/4/2012:

1. “keep me logged in” is not working correctly
  2. unread messages shows doubles and triples
  3. unread messaged do not always refresh if it is the landing page, you need to go to forum home page then back to unread
  4. viewing an unread post changes the icon from red to grey but it doesn’t remove the post from the list
  5. No similes yet but they are still supported
  6. Old immages are missing still. We be brought back

We hope this website is up to your expectations and will make your experience more enjoyable.
Please let us know if something is broke.

4 Likes

In general - awesome! I’m not seeing any of the old images though. Is this on the list to do over the next week?

They should come back. Updated original post.

Another bug… No forum reply email notifications are being sent.

another “concern”. When you go to an unread thread (by clicking the link / the long thread title), you used to go to the last page. You now go to the first page. It’d be great if it went to the post that you haven’t read, so if it’s page 3 of 4 it takes you there…

1 Like

If you click the red icon on unread items it will jump you to the last post. For a multi-page post click the last page link and it will take you to the last message.

Clicking “Mark as Read” on the top of a board page, or clicking “Add an image” in the Reply editor, or clicking “Clear” at the top of Unread Messages page results in a javascript error (this is the text inside the javascript error dialog box):

User Agent: Mozilla/4.0 (compatible; MSIE 8.0; Windows NT 5.1; Trident/4.0; .NET CLR 1.1.4322; .NET CLR 2.0.50727; .NET CLR 3.0.4506.2152; .NET CLR 3.5.30729; .NET4.0C; .NET4.0E)
Timestamp: Sat, 5 May 2012 05:04:57 UTC

Line: 302
Char: 2
Code: 0
URI: http://www.tinyclr.com/js/forum/forum.js

Let me know if the problem persists.

I agree with Brett. I see now what you’ve done with clicking on the icon but that doesn’t seem very natural. If you hadn’t told me, I would have never figured it out. The natural place to click is the title.

Another thing - I thought it was a feature earlier but it’s gone now so I guess it was a bug you fixed… But, I liked the way that the unread messages list maintained the last 5 or 6 messages at the top of the list but gave them a gray box to show that they had been read. I often come back to a post that I scanned over a few minutes earlier when I’m going through unread messages and something occurs to me. I would change that just slightly though and have it be a list of the last 5 or 6 messages that I’ve visited (regardless of if they were in the unread list before). Maybe it just needs to be another page that shows your recent visit history. It would save some browsing trying to figure out which forum a message was located.

A bug that gave me a fright this morning:
All reply notification emails say that I was the one that replied:

[quote]TOPIC: 4.2 support is finally here, download now!
GMod(Errol) says:
We never support or recommend the use of old projects when switching microsofts’ SDK.
[/quote]
This was not me… :slight_smile:

BTW: New site looks really cool on my phone. Will look even better on PC… :slight_smile:

Please add at least 1px margin between posts :slight_smile:

4 Likes

Nice update guys! However, when using it on the phone, I can’t click the Unread submenu item in the menu. So it would be nice to have the fixed link back. Submenus do not work on a phone or tablet.

@ Wouter Huysentruit
On my Windows Phone i do click and hold to get the sub menu. After that a popup menu shows up (copy, paste, etc), i click somwhere else, the popup window hides but the sub menu remains open :wink:

The HUGE fixed screen with really stinks on mobile devices and makes threads really hard to read on any device. There is also no left margin.

I am not suppose to tell you we are building a mobile version of the forum :slight_smile:

I am looking forward to the mobile virgin. I hope automatic spell corrections do not be come a problem.

@ Mike LOL!

Can anyone edit the wiki?

I am currently unable to login to the wiki. The login link there takes me back to the new forum login. After a successful login there, browsing back to the wiki finds me still not logged in…

You cannot log into the wiki at this time.

Reply counts are all zero! Otherwise, looks pretty good.