TGIF - Bluetooth SMART

@ mhectorgato - The energy used per bit transmitted with BLE is hardly lower than that of Bluetooth Classic. The same physics still apply. The trick with BLE is to transmit as few bits as possible, as infrequently as possible (plus a more efficient discovery process).

Audio is a quite different use case, and well served with Bluetooth Classic. Even though a modern encoding could bring the bit rate further down, still with good sound quality. But it would introduce incompatibilities with devices that don’t support such a new format.

Current BT module for Gadgeteer is an SPP device only, doesn’t do audio profiles. So while it might be the domain of BT Classic, I’d suggest you don’t look too far to doing it with current Gadgeteer module.

@ Brett - on a positive note i have a win8.1 app talking to my module :slight_smile:

2 Likes

Thanks for the info - I already knew that much (about the SPP module and the device it’s using).

“Justin the module maniac”!

Start at about 00:52

:slight_smile:

@ Cuno - lol, now that was classic, great find.

Was a good listen to Mr. Hammer spreading the gospel :slight_smile:

Heh…always glad to share some Gadgeteer enthusiasm and the great work my fellow geeks are doing. :slight_smile:

1 Like

@ Devhammer - Great episode man really enjoyed it, and thanks for the Threadneedle mention too :wink: . BTW I think justing has now gone beyond maniac :smiley:

1 Like