TGIF 09 - Seven Segment Displays

Here you go :slight_smile:

Video doesnā€™t really show them off very well, so best you order some to see them in there full glory :smiley:

Red, Green, Blue, White and Yellow

S or Y Socket

Million dollars each on eBay - (cheap at twice the price) :whistle: ā€¦or $12ea if you email me - justin at ingenuitymicro dot com

3 Likes

Nice, love the speed.

The White one is going full knacker, all digits are changing but the thou is to fast to really see the change - the others are set to 4Hz

pretty! :smiley:

@ Architect - Pretty lights keep me amused :smiley:

Very nice! Is that spiffy backing acrylic for some sort of trade show, or ā€œjus causeā€?

@ ransomhall @ andre - ta muchlyā€¦

Nah, just 80gsm paper from the bubble jet, and as you say ā€œjust causeā€

So (you just knew I was going to have questions :wink: ) I see 2 ribbon cables leaving the Scorpion, but there are 5 LED modules connected.

How many 7 segments can be used off of 1 socket?

@ mhectorgato - Only oneā€¦

I have a 4 socket SPI hub designed up so you could drive 4 off one SPI socketā€¦

So 2 are running on the Scorpion as you note, 2 are running off a Cerberus and 1 off a Bee.

I was going to run them all off the Scorpion but i ran out of time to wire them up to Connect modules to share the 1 SPI socket.

So i did what any good ā€œSnake oil salesmanā€ would do and fudged the numbers a bit :whistle:

Love it! As usual friday has just become a little brighter.

Thanks ā€“ so is that a sneak peak into next weekā€™s TGIF?

Nope :smiley:

They look terrific

Very nice as always! Howā€™s that website coming? :wink:

1 Like