Test and Build .NET MF Project with TFS

Im wondering if there is anybody who has tried to setup a .NET MF project to be build and tested in TFS 2010. I have created a solution with two projects a test project and a .NET MF project. I want this solution to be built by the TFS Build server when I check in the solution.

I have created the build plan, the same way as for some other project that are working fine. I had to install the .NET SDK 4.2 on the server.

But when I check in I get the following error:

C:\Program Files (x86)\MSBuild\Microsoft.NET Micro Framework\v4.2\Device.targets (176): The “Microsoft.SPOT.Tasks.GetDeviceFrameworkPaths” task could not be loaded from the assembly \Tools\Microsoft.SPOT.Tasks.dll. Could not load file or assembly ‘file:///C:\Tools\Microsoft.SPOT.Tasks.dll’ or one of its dependencies. The system cannot find the file specified. Confirm that the declaration is correct, that the assembly and all its dependencies are available, and that the task contains a public class that implements Microsoft.Build.Framework.ITask.

I tried to solve it by copying everything:

From: HKEY_LOCAL_MACHINE\SOFTWARE\Wow6432Node\Microsoft.NETMicroFramework
To: HKEY_LOCAL_MACHINE\SOFTWARE\Microsoft.NETMicroFramework

But that did not work, I guess its a x64 issue (the build server is a x64 machine). What I do not understand though is that it builds on my machine which is also x64. It looks like it having the wrong paths for all things.

I decided to manualy change the the registry which resulted in the following error:

C:\Program Files (x86)\MSBuild\Microsoft.NET Micro Framework\v4.2\Device.targets (104): Unable to create directory “C:\Builds\1[path][projectname]\Sources\Development[solutionname][projectname]\C:\Builds\1[path][projectname]\Binaries\le”. The given path’s format is not supported.

Would anybody know the solution for this problem? Does anybody have some tips on getting the most simple .NET MF solution to build in TFS