Tech Talk with Gus 15 - Raspberry Pi & FEZ Duino Pi

Today we’ll talk about the Raspberry Pi and using Arduino shields We also make available the FEZ Dunio Pi design for your own use.

Raspberry Pi & FEZ Duino Pi - Tech Talk - #015 - YouTube

3 Likes

FEZ Duino Pi Schematic.

1 Like

Are you guys also going to do one for Beagle Bone Black as well?

(Also I noticed a tone starting at 1:44, increasing in frequency with time. Is this an example of PWM?)

1 Like

Perhaps I missed it, is GHI providing a C# or other (non .NET) library to interface with the Arduino pins?

FEZ Duino Pi - Eagle files and driver example:

https://www.ghielectronics.com/downloads/FEZ/FEZ%20DuinoPi.zip

1 Like

This is just an experiment and we thought we want to share. No current plans for BBB but anyone can take the design and change to BBB or anything else.

1 Like

The driver example and the design files are in the zip file above. This is an experimental and unsupported code/design.

1 Like

Thanks!

Just looked at it — and wow! I was expecting just some helpers, but it’s a full robust library, like your other products!

I guess in retrospect, I should have expected you guys to make FEZ!!! :clap:

2 Likes

My New Year’s resolution is to become good at PCB design and fabrication. Esp that fabrication part.

2 Likes

@ Gus - You have given us a hardware design and drivers. Your intent is for us to make our own boards? Looks like $30 for 3 boards from OSHPark and more for components. Those 0603 resistors would challenge my soldering skills.

Am I missing something here? I started using Gadgeteer because I was not good at hardware. I did not expect to end up soldering 0603 resistors to pcbs. I am not complaining, I love a challenge but I am puzzled.

@ Bill_Wyo - this is where the community can work together on whatever changes they like and group order the boards to lower the cost.

You may even use this as an educational project.

Tech talk is not just about things we sell. It is a general talk about technology. I am aiming for educational and entertaining.

3 Likes

@ Gus - Thank you Gus. Your attitude makes me feel good about doing business with GHI.

2 Likes

Hot air rework station and solder paste. Makes a lot of things easier. But for goodness sake, skip the lead-free solder paste. That stuff is a pain to work with.

Should be able to get stencils from OSHPark to go with your boards for a reasonable price, or you can just add paste by hand if you’re patient.

OSHstencils for cheap kapton based stencils are easy too.