Tech Talk with Gus 08 - OSD3358 SiP

Today will be talking about the OSD3358 System in Package(SiP), and it’s opportunity for development in your designs and projects.

5 Likes

Thanks to the holidays, this Friday’s episode is coming to you early :slight_smile:

The SOM is still not available for purchase. When will this be available? The TH is too large for my intended project.

1 Like

I liked the level of information in the video, not too shallow but not too technical. The beginner could understand. I do wish more videos would mention the PRUs though. It seems like the prus are the bastard child of the chip. They are worth writing an entire book about.

@ Mr. John Smith - the video mentioned nothing of the processor’s capabilities, not just the PRUs.

Hey Gus,

I’m getting ready to design a custom PCB based on the BeagleBone Black. So while researching one of my colleages pointed out the OSD3358 (or at least, I think he meant this chip, since it’s closest to what he described).
Anyway, one of the requirements for my PCB is a CAN interface, but according to the datasheet the OSD3358 did not inherit the AM3358’s CAN-interface. Is that correct, or is it actually available but just missing from the datasheets?

@ Arendo - This may be of help, one of our forum members mcalsyn posted this.

http://kb.pervasive.digital/Home/Detail/installing-can-bus-drivers-for-osd3358-systems-running-debian

1 Like