Task Tracker - UART handshaking does not work

I just posted UART handshaking does not work on Task Tracker. Feel free to discuss and make suggestions here.

UART handshaking does not work was updated.

Status went from Proposed to Open.
Priority went from Unassigned to Minor.

If UART Handshaking does not work, the documentation of G400 does not reflect it on page 46. It has to be updated again…

When revision of documentation are done, for example the last where it says UART map enhancement, it’s painfull to look for the exact modification in the document. I know this will be difficult to have a good solution but associated with the revision, the page that are affected by the modification would be very helpfull.

In the Release Notes for the 4.3 2014 R5 SDK

\Program Files (x86)\GHI Electronics\GHI NETMF v4.3 SDK\Release Notes.txt

…it has these under “known issues”

### G400 ###
 #### Version ####
- 4.3.6.0 Firmware
- 4.3.6.0 Loader
 #### Issues ####
- UART handshaking does not work.
- Low power is not implemented.
- RTC alarm is not implemented.

The problem is not the release note, but the documentation of the G400. Both have to be consistent. For now Handshaking does not work, it has to be notified in the documentation.

Hmm.

I would hate to be a tech writer responsible for changing the manual every time a bug was reported or fixed :slight_smile:

2 Likes

this is not a pleasant job but this is the job. If you are working in your garage it does not matter, if you want to make a business with it, this is essential!

UART handshaking does not work was updated.

Status went from Open to Closed.