Task Tracker - FEZ Raptor MUST work from within a VM

I have the same problem on Mac with Parallels. GHI has a big problem with documentation, I wish I new this before paying $300 for my Cerberus kit.

I understand that you have priorities, but please make this a priority as more and more people are living in VM now.

Otherwise put a big alert on your purchasing page stating that you don’t support VMs!

Don’t understand me wrong, it would be great if it just works in a VM, but:
Anyone should know, that hardware, even if it’s “just” USB, might not work correctly in a VM.

2 Likes

My vote is to get it working as well.

I’m using VMware Fusion 6 or 7 on Mac late 2013 with Windows 7 Enterprise with a G400 and no luck.

Note that I have tried using an external USB 2.0 hub with external power and the USB Client DP Module with external power and it is not working.

Have you guys figured out the root cause yet?

Also, I’d like to point out that on the task tracker this has the most votes. So please listen to your user base who wants this resolved and fix this problem.

No problem for me with EMX on Vista Host and a seven VM

You must have a little ‘masochistic’ side :wink:

To be honest, I am not so disappointed by this version. I do not have bugs and the system is quite reliable. The only things I regret are bad network management (a lot of hidden things are made by the operating system and are difficult to hand tune).

I am used to work on linux, mac os and solaris and if have the choice, I would prefer linux or mac OS.

A little bird told me that this may have been fixed already :wink:

Which version does this Bird have?

@ Reinhard Ostermeier - the one you will have in few days :slight_smile:

@ Gus - New USB drivers?

FEZ Raptor MUST work from within a VM was updated.

Status went from Open to Closed.

1 Like

Thanks guys, it is working now. Much appreciated. :slight_smile: