Task Tracker - Change Fez Config text instructions to include correct info on updating Brainpad

I just posted Change Fez Config text instructions to include correct info on updating Brainpad on Task Tracker. Feel free to discuss and make suggestions here.

Maybe add the instructions to the brain pad support page. FEZ config should only cover the core products. We will look into this, thanks.

Personally, I think instructions in FEZ Config should apply to anything that is used with FEZ Config. We requested these instructions a long time ago because it was a bit of a pain and a bad first user experience to have to go to the support page for every different product to find the instructions.

2 Likes

Im not sure there is even a page with the “press up button to enter ghi loader interface mode” for the brainpad, is there? I was glad Ianlee74 told me in the forum… but after following links all around I could never find a page with this info. Am I missing a page with instructions somewhere that would have helped me?

As it was, the only instructions I had were those on Mcalsyn’s post, which just said to follow GHI’s instructions for that step. And the only GHI instructions I could find were fez config’s note to “short PA15 to ground” for all g30 products except the lemur

I’m just glad that Ianlee74 stopped me before I went any further. :slight_smile:

[quote=“mtylerjr”]
Im not sure there is even a page with the “press up button to enter ghi loader interface mode” for the brainpad, is there? I was glad Ianlee74 told me in the forum… but after following links all around I could never find a page with this info. Am I missing a page with instructions somewhere that would have helped me?[/quote]

I don’t know that I’ve seen those instructions anywhere either. In FEZ Config, for the G30 (Lemur) it says to press LDR0. I assumed (correctly) that the same would probably work for the BrainPad. The “up” button is also labeled “LDR0”.

Also, there is a TON of free space on the back of the BrainPad. I’m sure it would add a couple cents of cost but since this is an educational tool, I think it would be worth every penny to put as much information there as you can cram. In v2.1 of course…

Nah - put a QR code on the back that links to the documentation. Print is dead.

1 Like

Boo! Maybe a tic-tac-toe board then? :slight_smile:

Change Fez Config text instructions to include correct info on updating Brainpad was updated.

Status went from Proposed to Open.
Priority went from Unassigned to Trivial.