Main Site Documentation

Supporting ethernet on Domino

Every update keeps saying ethernet support for next version… When is this going to be available? I have the beta 4.1 sdk right now and it doesnt support it yet…

This is a very important part of alot of projects and should be implemented sooner rather than later…

Like we said before, this will be done but we have many more important things and most are done already

RLP
USB clinet
VS2010
infield update
PPP and networking
FEZ Cobra
new displays
FEZ Rhino
FEZ Panda
more components
…and many many many more
The last thing on our list is networking on FEZ Domino

The beta driver is online and WIZnet chipset documentation are publicly available. if you like, you can try to enhance the driver and share the code with community.

Plan on not having it for another 6 months. If you are a professional and have commercial needs with volume production in mind then contact GHI directly please.

I think the guys has first to make the release for SDK Version 4.1

Could you use FEZ Cobra instead of FEZ Domino? It has built in support und has more options and periphals.

Yeah, GHI has many products and all have to move to 4.1 and be stable BEFORE we do the low priority stuff like Ethernet on USBizi…again, the beta driver is there if anyone wants to enhance it! No one needs to wait for GHI to do it.

The good news is that we already have everything we want except in-filed update which will be done int eh next week. So maybe we will have the Ethernet driver for domino in 4 weeks. I said 6 months to imply that this is very not important to GHI at this moment.

Also a FEZ Panda? (whatever it is) :clap:

I understand that you guys have alot of projects going on… It would just seem to be that networking on any device would be top priority but maybe im wrong…

Let me ask this, has anyone managed to get the ethernet beta driver working? I am having the same problem as other users where the

while (W5100.RegisterRead(s, W5100.SocketRegisters.SR) != (byte)SR_val.SOCK_ESTABLISHED) ;

in the Connect function stays looping forever…

[quote]I understand that you guys have alot of projects going on… It would just seem to be that networking on any device would be top priority but maybe im wrong…
[/quote]
Look at past releases and see what we have been adding. Everything we added so far is more important than Ethernet, since there is a beta, so if someone really needed it they could fix the driver.

Yes many users have used it successfully. This is one example http://www.russosv.info/w/FEZNetwork

You way need network analyzer to see what is going on and need to read and understand the WIZnet datasheet. Another easier option is to wit a bit longer and we will do the work for you :slight_smile:

FEZ Panda :slight_smile:

Who is that ? I am finding it difficult to stay on top of all things :slight_smile:

let us get FEZ Rhino out first then we can talk about it