Support for Windows on Intel Galileo Gen 1 and Gen 2 will end on November 30, 2015

http://ms-iot.github.io/content/en-US/Faqs.htm#galileo

It was what it was, but it certainly didn’t give me the warm fuzzies so I’m happy to see it slide on out the door.

Now Llilum gives me the warm and fuzzies, so looking forward to that (but I still don’t see the name change to what I suggested ‘Lloyd’ :slight_smile: )

1 Like

@ Duke Nukem - I never liked this board anyway, especially after talking to Intel.

I wish they supported the Intel Edison. The Edison is far better suited for real embedded designs then the current offerings.

3 Likes

I agree with you 100% Intel really dropped the ball with the Edison. Such a shame, it had so many things going for it.

1 Like

Can you elaborate?

@ andre.m - I was guessing something along that lines, but its only guessing, just wanted to hear some facts.

@ skeller - Totally agree. I created some project early on with Edison, but dealing with c is not my idea of fun programming.

Intel should at least explain why Edision only supports yocto, and not leave us twisting in the wind. Intel is a big company, don’t expect groundbreaking innovations from a big company. They only do safe stuff.