Stepper socket module for pololu drivers A4988/DRV8825

Recently gaining popularity Arduino kits for 3D printing, mega + ramps.
In this regard, I want to ask for a module that can be inserted into the standard pololu drivers. Moreover, for use not only on the backplane type of spider, but also on raspberi …

A4988: Pololu - A4988 Stepper Motor Driver Carriers, Black Edition
DRV8825: Pololu - DRV8825 Stepper Motor Driver Carrier, High Current

Example schematics with implementation:

What do you think?

@ Volhv - I’m not sure I understand what you’re asking. Are you asking GHI to product identical Pololu style driver modules? What would be the benefit of that? The modules available are already robust & cheap. What are you hoping will be improved? Or are you asking for a Gadgeteer module that could be used as an adapter to the Pololu modules?

I asking for adapter to the pololu modules.

Shouldn’t this be a fivver request?

I’ve already got a driver/module/adapter based on the Pololu 8834 Pololu - DRV8834 Low-Voltage Stepper Motor Driver Carrier which is the same family and pretty much the same driver wise. I’m using it for my servo and stepper motor class and will post the source code etc when I get some time.

So what I did was solder some headers onto the Pololu board and solder a header onto an extender module and wired it up and I’m good to go.

Is this what your looking for?

1 Like

In most case - yes.
I just want try build 3d printer with this logic 8)
I believe that this is possible
My previous creation based on mightyboard and there is ugly sources for board based on C sources with old compilators…

_____ added _____
Most creators use Arduino Mega (ATMega2560) + Ramps 1.4,
But there few problems with power scheme (Ramps based on 12v power scheme, need 24v with soldering modifications)

@ Volhv - You should read this thread: https://www.ghielectronics.com/community/forum/topic?id=23278

He’s talking about doing the same thing, and there you’ll find discussion on some of the techniques you’ll want to employ, as well as some of the difficulties you’re likely to encounter.

Thx…