Spider lost USB Debug Connection to PC

Hello guys,
just wanted to let you know that today i ran into an Issue where Suddenly the spider lost it’s USB Debugging capabilities and was no longer detected by the PC, VS2010 nor MFDeploy…

Spider version: 4.1.7.0
how did it happen… not sure if it can be reproduced…

basically it has something to do with the T35 Display…
i had the Display connected Physically all ribbons in the correct sockets.
next in VS2010 i have the display added and connected using the Graphic Designer…
i also have an SDCard Connected and a Button.
Deployed my application and everything is working as it should…
next i have another VS2010 window open with another Gadgeteer project now i deploy that one and i can Debug just fine…
next i went back to the first VS2010 instance and removed the Display from using the Graphic designer… redeployed the application now VS2010 shows a message that the device Display was updated and the device will reboot… which it did and the screen went white…
next i added the display back using the Graphic Designer only this time i DIDN’T Connect the SOCKET 10. this is only in the designer while it is still physically connected. next i deployed the application and the device display was updated again and the device rebooted only this time i can’t see it in VS2010, or in MFDeploy… the spider vanished…

a moment of panic resulted in hitting the reset but few time to no avail, next i decided it was time to pull the spider card and see what those little dip pins are for… so i switch pin 1 to on For Serial Debugging plugged the spider back and it showed up under MFDeploy under USB… go figure… so i clicked on Erase button and removed my Application.
turned off the spider reset the pin 1 back to off and plugged it back again and nothing no spider under USB… so i set the pin 1 again to on. back to MFDeploy and it came back under USB…
went back to VS2010 removed the Display from the spider and deployed the application… rebooted the device and went back to VS2010 and added the Display again… redeployed the application next turn off the spider reset the pin 1 back to off … power back on and bang the USB Debug is back…

so there seem to be a bug somewhere that affects this when display is mess with…

thank you…
Jay.

2 things. Adding and removing the display will cause an extra reset for setting to take effect. Also, LCD needs more power so use a good power source.

Hi Gus,
the USB Power is good… remember i lost the USB Connection while the Display is disconnected in the firmware… after the extra reset… i thing something in the firmware may have caused the lost of the USB connection… anyway it is out there in case someone else runs into similar situation they can just follow the above steps to get functionality back…

cheers.