Spider and Network Down Event, not firing correctly and here is how to repro

Hello guys,
I’ve noticed the spider never fired the Network down event correctly before and set that issue aside until i figure out how to reproduce it correctly and today i think i found a way…
basically if i have the network Plugged in and Powered the spider, waited to get an IP, then unplug the cable. the down event never fires… if i plug the cable back again and waited a few seconds the Network up fires now unplug the cable and boom the network down fires correctly and it keeps working properly going forward…

so if the cable is plugged in when the spider is powered the first network down never fires…

Second test.

if i remove the cable and power the spider, and wait for the spider to start… next i plug the cable, the network up fires correctly now i unplug the cable and the network down fire correctly and works as expected…

So if the network cable is unplugged when the spider is powered up everything seem to work as expected…

so retest and your end and report back the bug…

thanks.

In your first test, you say it’s waiting for an IP and then you unplug it. Have you tested - power up, get the NetwokUp, and then unplug?

I’m wondering if the Down will fire if it never went Up first.

FWIW - with the WiFi module, I get the Down initially and then when I join it goes Up.

Yes of course i wait until i get the IP and the network Up fires up…

But it seems that the spider Network DOWN always Fires when it is first powered up… which i think is what’s causing it to get confused…

Please test on your end and let us know.

I’m only bringing this up for the team at GHI to add a fix to the next 4.2 release.

Jay.

Sorry … I read “waited” for “waiting”.

I’ll give it try it later on today.

Please bring this up again once we have 4.2 with networking on EMX., maybe in 4 weeks.

We’ll test it and we’ll report back… count on it …

thanks.
Jay…

Gus - is my WiFi issue related?

http://www.tinyclr.com/forum/topic?id=7472

Joe already replied to your post.

Thanks – though let the record reflect that his reply (which I very much appreciate) came about 1/2 hour after my post here :slight_smile: