SPI-CANDW working together on FEZ Cerberus?

Hello people, i have a question regarding the FEZ cerberus board:

the tittle says it all, basically i need to send and receive information through CANdw interface, not much information, but one or 2 packets every 500ms or so; also need to display the info in an matrix display which is controlled by an SPI interface, i have searched a lot about this finding different scenarios but nonw qiete as mine (most talk about several devices using the same SPI bus, but i dont think its the same for me); apparently CANDW shares the channel with the SPI interface, which is weird because in the schematics, i dont see the spi line being used, maybe am i missing something? is it possible to make them work in the same cerberus board?

CANDW does not use SPI, it only shares [em]socket[/em] which has SPI. Connect CANDW module to socket 5, display — to socket 6 (it also has an SPI bus), and you’re good to go.

1 Like

Thanks a lot, i thought so, but wasnt sure !

one more question, i cannot find a schematic of exactly wich pins should i use, i see i can configure them but not really sure how much can i configure, is it 100% free to choose the pins to use?

best regards

Hello @ andre.m - i mean, in:

SPI.Configuration MyConfig =
             new SPI.Configuration(Cpu.Pin.GPIO_Pin1,
             false, 0, 0, false, true, 1000, SPI.SPI_module.SPI1);

which pins are SCK, MOSI, MISO???
can i just configure SCK as pin 1, 2 3, 4, 5, 6, or is it one particular pin, the same for all the other ones?

i think that to connect to spi it is used a standard breakoutboard, or is there any more “appropiate” module board for the labor (like the CANdw case for CAN, which i know includes extra hardware, but still)

@ andre.m - thanks man, now the question is which ones are those, i cannot find a schematic that shows me which pint should i use, i only can find:

[url]https://www.ghielectronics.com/docs/14/spi[/url]

and it is only a software guide, i need also de HW guide :slight_smile:

@ andre.m - Thanks for your help!

1 Like