Snippet - N18 Display Driver Source

N18 Display Driver Source

This is a temporary post of the N18 display module driver source code, which will be available until the next release of the SDK.

Hi,
I’d like to run this N18 Display example by using a GH120 module in my Cobra II compatible HW. I’m a newbie with GH120 and got in trouble how to get the resources working (there is error “The name Resources does not exist in the current context”).
Is it possible to get a working Visual C# project in a zip-file, so that all the required dependencies become included?
Also it would be convenient to have a “Getting Started Guide” for Cobra II e.g. to test HW and SW are working by using the onboard buttons and LED. Now the learning how to program Cobra II is much more difficult than with my old Panda II.
BR, Seppo

@ svesteri - Nice looking board.

I suggest you start with the beginners guide ebook. It should cover plenty.

We would like to learn more about your board and what it is used for if possible.

@ svestri, Cobra2 and panda should be the same to lesrn how to use, except Gadgeteer introduces things to make it even easier!

First, make sure you have a new/current SDK installed, if you only have a panda you may only have a 4.1 SDK and you need the latest… Just create a new project in Visual Studio, select a Gadgeteer 4.2 app and add the Cobra2 mainboard to your designer view. Then, you will automatically get the Cobra2 references and everything. Then you can add N18 as well, and you are then able to just use the driver in your code - you don’t need this temporary version of the driver.

Thanks for your quick response :slight_smile:
I have the latest SDK installed but the firmware in my G120 module was not the newest version. Now I have updated it succesfully, so I will continue testing according to the beginners guide.
My G120 based board will be used as a GUI in a DSP based Audio Effect Unit. It is small enough to be installed in a 1U rackmount case.
It has onboard a JD-T1800 TFT display, Rotary Encoder with a button, two onboard buttons, micro SD-card and connectors for 3 Analog Inputs, 3 Analog Outputs (PWM + RC filters on board) and 5 Digital Outputs. In addition to these there are 6 Gadgeteer sockets in order to make this board suitable for various other applications.

Nice! I’d like to see a picture of it installed with the GUI up. Video?

I’m afraid that it will take some time before the GUI is up and running :slight_smile:
Anyway there has been some progress as I have managed to test the Buttons and Digital Outputs are working. Unfortunately the TFT Display remains blank so far.

It seems that I had a faulty JD-T1800 TFT display module as my Adafruit ST7735R board with a similar TFT display works by using a home made Gadgeteer adapter.