A friend gave me an RC battery that his v meter said was putting out 12.3v.
I briefly connected it to the Motor driver (not shield) and heard a pop. The caps were bit warm to the touch. So I reconnected my 7.2 v battery and the red light is not coming on.
The PDF say it can handle up to 30v, and the motor specs said it could handle up to 12v.
Did I fry my board?
** after a few minutes I tried again with the 7v and the red the came on
The big battery pack can also put out ~8.4v I tried that and the red light came on!
Why did it pop before?