Since Gadgeteer is dead

:whistle:

11 Likes

And that is only few sockets of what this board offers :slight_smile:

;D

4 Likes

@ Justin - Does that say 8MB? Are you sure it isn’t missing a decimal point somewhere?

@ Mr. John Smith - correct, and no mathematical errors :slight_smile:

Looks like a Gadgeteer clone of the DISCO board.

This must be an older one, I’m pretty confident a F7 version is already in the works :whistle:

1 Like

I’m pretty sure there’s one waiting for me at the post office, isn’t there Kiwi Man. What, there isn’t because you haven’t sent me one ?!?!?!?!?!

/letdown

Oh yeah, bring on the F7 version.

Spooky - look what just turned up ;D

5 Likes

@ Justin - A guy in my company play with those, too, and he says SDK for this chip is at the moment very buggy. Still too fresh.

OK, … NOW I am interested :slight_smile:

I thought that from a programmer’s perspective (i.e. instruction set architecture), there is nearly no difference to the F4? And usually there is no such thing as an SDK for a microcontroller.

Typically, there is an errata list with hardware bugs, and this can be quite long for a new chip. As the STM32F7 seems to mostly reuse existing peripherals, I would hope that it is not too long.

@ Cuno - Of course there are SDKs for MCUs, like, for example, LPCOpen for NXP, and STM gives away something, too :slight_smile: For STM M7, I believe the provided software helpers are buggy. Can’t comment on hardware.

@ Simon from Vilnius - Ah, ok. But for NETMF, we fortunately don’t need this kind of SDK.

@ Cuno - Have you looked at VisualGDB, that’s a add-in to VS (currently there is a beta out supporting 2015 and F7)

If I only had a simple F7 board not the discovery (that one I have but is way too much, to start of simple development and play around with

Thats true. :frowning:
I just played a little with the 32F7DISCO and tried only to reprogram the demo software. But you need to program the QSPI-Flash for the bmp’s and programming the QSPI-Flash is only supported with STLink 3.7
But the only download you can find is STLink 3.6 :wall:
So I am in the “wait state” :frowning:
At this moment I got an email from Keil with update information, maybe…

@ Lutz1 - Ah, have you played with the demo SW a bit using the LCD, I can’t load any resource from the SDIO unit to read videos or music :wall:

Edit - found this maybe it helps ST-Link 3.7 - STSW-LINK004 - STM32 ST-LINK utility (replaced by STM32CubeProgrammer) - STMicroelectronics

Yes I did, with same result. :cry:
No audio or video from SDIO or USB (with adapter as described in one of the manuals).
So I decided to stop here and waiting fĂĽr ST-Link V3.7 (or Keil) to go on. Maybe with V3.7 there is also a new version of the demo sw.
At the moment I can play a little with the schematics and pcb 8)

Edit : ST-Link V3.7 is programming the QSPI-Flash !! The demo sw has its bmp’s back :slight_smile:
V3.7 must be uploaded in the last 12 hours … Thank you .Peter. !!