SimpleCortex board on hackaday

Today there is a post on hackaday on the SimpleCortex board…

This is a cortex board with Ethernet on it for $45. Only downside I see is the small amount of ram (only 64kb)

Would be sweet if there would be a FEZ Panda (2 or 3) plus with integrated networking support :slight_smile: Or a Cerberus board with SD socket & Ethernet! 8)

A Cerb40 with built-in Ethernet and microSD would indeed be handy.

Is this Cortex board is still 8-bit?

Why would limit yourself to a wired connection? Ian, your quadcopter wouldn’t get very far with a cat5 connected to it :slight_smile:

I would also want the option for either XBee or WiFi so my bots are free to roam about the country :wink: (a marketing slogan from an airlines in the US).

It would be quite trivial to create a board with the STM32 from Cerberus, an ENC28J60 ethernet MAC/PHY, and a MicroSD slot. You could do it for a lot less than $45, too.

Or, you could wait a bit until Gus announces GHI’s newest boards :wink:

Yea, not for a copter :wink: I was thinking more along the lines of IoC applications. But, in retrospect I should have said microSD and built-in WiFi since the cable is very limiting.

I think you’re right. I have a feeling Gus is probably already thinking along this line.

I wonder how Gus is at playing poker. Does he have as many tells there as he does on this board? :smiley:

But I think Gus has more up his sleeve than we know. He’s given hints, but I sure some other products will be surprise to all of us. He’s good like that.

But I think Gus has more up his sleeve than we know.

I think Gus has more up his sleeve than he knows. :smiley:

Awesome! :clap:

Is there such a thinng as a FEZ junkie? most of the boarders here probably qualify, myself included! ;D

[quote]Is there such a thinng as a FEZ junkie? most of the boarders here probably qualify, myself included!
[/quote]

I am not a junkie! I can stop buying FEZ stuff anytime I want. ;D

Well I thought I could too… then Gadgeteer was released. And then Hydra. And then Cerberus. And now Gus still keeps hinting at great new things just around the corner. What can I say.

Well, in order to have sufficient funds available for FEZ products I have had to fire my mistress. :’(

But life is about choices…

Mike cracks me up

@ mhectorgato

Maybe if we could get Gus in a poker game, we could get him to tell us what’s in store instead of just teasing us all the time. :slight_smile:

I assume he would rather go home in a rain barrel then to let anything loose with regards to the new products :slight_smile:

Gus is so enthusiastic about .NET that he can’t help but tell you some of the interesting things GHI is working on when you meet him in person. But only after you take the secret-sacred oath. :o